Is June 28 too late to take mcat for this coming cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

btttbgfr34

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Will I be late If I take my test on the 28th June. My score will be released July 30th. I will be submitting my application for verification around July 3rd. Is this late or on time. In desperate help . thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I'll be taking it around that time too. From what I've gathered, it isn't ideal but you will still be able to submit your primary application and have the scores back by the time most secondaries come out. This means you will still be relatively ahead of the curve for applications as long as you've completed the rest of your application and prepared your secondary essays in advance. For me, the benefit of getting a higher MCAT score definitely outweighs the cost of applying slightly later in the cycle. I'd love to hear some other opinions on this.

Reactions: 1 user
I'll be taking it around that time too. From what I've gathered, it isn't ideal but you will still be able to submit your primary application and have the scores back by the time most secondaries come out. This means you will still be relatively ahead of the curve for applications as long as you've completed the rest of your application and prepared your secondary essays in advance. For me, the benefit of getting a higher MCAT score definitely outweighs the cost of applying slightly later in the cycle. I'd love to hear some other opinions on this.

Have you started working on your PS yet? I agree with you 100%. When is your test? The golden rule is getting all secondaries done by labor day. We can do this, we just have to try our absolute best

Members don't see this ad :)
I am retaking the MCAT on July 20th. I have already taken the MCAT with a score that meets the minimum requirements for some schools (499). Can I submit the AMCAS Application with the 499 so it can be verified on time? Do I need to put "MCAT pending?" when AMCAS asks about the MCAT? Please let me know what you guys think!

I'm taking it the same time as well. I finished writing my personal statement, almost done with disadvantaged statement , and listed out all my EC's already. welp let's see what happens

Will I be late If I take my test on the 28th June. My score will be released July 30th. I will be submitting my application for verification around July 3rd. Is this late or on time. In desperate help . thank you
U mean August 3rd

I took my MCAT June 30th, score came back beginning of August, and I’m in med school! However, though a lot of people on this board don’t recommend, I had my primary submitted before hardcore MCAT study but then once I started getting secondaries, I did them while MCAT studying, as a “break”. I still got about 7ish hours MCAT studying each day, so it’s not like I was wasting too much time on the essays. You just have to be committed and stick to a plan. Don’t waste time! Good luck friend :)

I took my MCAT last year at the end of June and received my score end of July. I was still complete by labor day. I had low stats and I still received three interviews, so I think the late MCAT didn't hurt. I submitted my AMCAS with a throwaway school so I was already verified by the time my score came around. I would urge you to submit AMCAS earlier than July.

I took my MCAT last year at the end of June and received my score end of July. I was still complete by labor day. I had low stats and I still received three interviews, so I think the late MCAT didn't hurt. I submitted my AMCAS with a throwaway school so I was already verified by the time my score came around. I would urge you to submit AMCAS earlier than July.

What's the purpose of the throwaway school? What about for AACOMAS? Did you apply to DO schools?

What's the purpose of the throwaway school? What about for AACOMAS? Did you apply to DO schools?
Basically, pick a random school (that you don’t care too much about going) to just get your app verified. That way if you get your score and you’re happy with it, your app is ready to go and you can add schools right away and have your app sent out to them within 24 hours. If you’re not happy with your score, you only applied to that one school and therefore won’t be a reapplicant to all the schools on your list if you withdraw and study for a retake. If the school was a top choice, then the following cycle when you apply you would technically be a reapplicant, which can slightly hurt your chances. Not sure if that makes sense (typing this on my phone) but you can research online for other threads that go into detail.

And no, I didn’t apply to DO. I was pretty broke after my MD apps, and I was willing to take time off to improve my app for MD if I had to reapply. The only issue was grades for me which I could fix with a post bacc, my EC’s were strong and unique, and I had a decent mcat.

I took my MCAT July 19.

I expect my score on August 20.

What time do the scores come out?

Should I log in at 1201am?

How are my odds affected by the late MCAT?

I am 3rd author on a research paper. I have great LORs , hundreds of hours of volunteering.

4.0GPA

I feel my application may be weakened because I am 19YO

I took my MCAT July 19.

I expect my score on August 20.

What time do the scores come out?

Should I log in at 1201am?

How are my odds affected by the late MCAT?

I am 3rd author on a research paper. I have great LORs , hundreds of hours of volunteering.

4.0GPA

I feel my application may be weakened because I am 19YO

I am interested to see the replies you get with your statement regarding your application being weakened due to your age. I am in the exact same boat as you with that matter and was wondering the same thing!