Is it wrong?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lesleeannc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
That I'm so so so so excited about being a research assistant for the first time! I know you're all way above this point but I'm just a sophomore! This is the type of stuff I want to keep doing for grad school correct?
I'm just weighing them, recording data, feeding them etc but is it wrong that I'm so excited!

Rats, circadian rhythms, everyday 8am. WOOHOO!:p

Members don't see this ad.

No, that is a sign of passion. Hold on to it dearly and never let go.

Thanks Myelin! I was so excited all day and all my friends were like "Ummm?" So I had to post something hoping that someone would understand. I guess I'm treating it like this is my chance to finally see some research done other than just paper work.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am much more into humans now, but i did some rat running when i was in undergrad as well. I enjoyed the reading we had to do in that lab, especially the classics by Tolman, Hull, BUT, I did not enjoy feeding them and all that stuff. YUK!.......;)

Last edited:
If it helps, I'm a senior in undergrad and I still get really excited whenever we have a lab meeting. :D

I am much more into humans now, but i did some rat running when i was in undergrad as well. I enjoyed the reading we had to do in that lab, especially the classics by Tolman, Hull, BUT, I did not enjoy feeding them and all that stuff. YUK!.......;)

HAHA! I stumbled upon it at my Work Study job fair and it just so happens that its my Psych prof. doing it! Woohoo! I have to do the same too... Feed them, weigh them, record data, etc. I'm not super excited about going to school everyday even Sat and Sun at 8am but I guess it's worth it to get the lab and research experience right? :)