Is it too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EarlyEditionDude

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it too late to take the OAT and apply for OD school?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello:

The OAT is given two times a year in February and October.

Some schools will not accept the February OAT scores for the same year you are trying to be accepted into optometry school - for example, UCBSO will not accept February 2004 OAT scores for 2004 entrance.

In addition, each school has different application deadlines. Depending on the school, you will need to see if they will accept the February OAT and when their application deadline is.

Check this chart: http://www.opted.org/pdf/Profile03b.pdf
Look under APP DEADLINE and LAST OAT to get those answers.

The February OAT will be on February 7, 2004. Regular OAT application deadline was on December 29, 2003 but the final late application deadline is January 12, 2004. You can online register here: https://www.ada.org/oat/index.html

Best wishes,

Rosanna

Prepare and do well on the OAT in Feb, 2004. Apply to many Optometry schools especially the private ones like ICO PCO NEWENCO- you'll be surprised they'll accept you if they haven't filled there all there seats.
In certain circumstances, it comes down to money. That is all they care about. Gone are the days of the competitiveness to get in.

Look at how many apply and how many get accepted.
It's become a joke.

Good Luck to you.
I hope you won't regret it like thousands of us have but I'm the only one who speaks up anonymously.

Members don't see this ad :)
My suggestion:

DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT (!!!) APPLY FOR THE OAT ONLINE!!!!!!

Big Mistake!!!

They will take your money and WILL NOT SEND YOU THE TICKET!! Happened to me when i took my OAT back in October 2003. When i called the them, they said they didn't receive any of my info, not even my SOCIAL SECURITY! ....YET, they charged my credit card $100.

I called them 4 days before the test date and they sent me a ticket. 1 week after the OAT, I had to send in a paper application and show them my bank statement.

Apply through paper only. Otherwise, you WILL be sorry.

:cool: Just a friendly warning:D

eyedream, didnt know that happened to you...
the online application worked out fine for me, and they were on-time...just my 2 cents.

Yeah, those damn ada.org folks just trying to rip me off by taking my money and run. I'm making sure they won't do it again for the other folks who are registering.

HighlyFanatic, i guess you got better luck than me. :rolleyes:

:clap: HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!!! :clap: