Is it essential to have study partner for CS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emboli

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm seeing a lot of threads about having study partners for CS. Heck even some of the students (FMGs, maybe that's why?) I rotate with are talking about it. That's starting to get me a bit nervous... My test is in 1 wk. I'm just wondering how important it is to have these study/practice sessions?

I'm an allopathic student from a US school. So I've been working in the clinic in almost all of my clerkships. I've also passed my school's clinical assessment exam (mock CS). My plan is to stick with FA for CS and then just review some physical exam maneuvers and call it a day. I'd also spend some time looking through common CC's and DDx and workups.

I've been pretty calm and laid back about this. Don't get me wrong, I'm still taking it very seriously, but people around me have been making me pretty nervous.

Just wondering if my plan is okay?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't study at all for it, just read the bulletin and went on the USMLE website to view the PN template before I went... it's easy, just be efficient with your time. Relax.

Hey all,

I'm seeing a lot of threads about having study partners for CS. Heck even some of the students (FMGs, maybe that's why?) I rotate with are talking about it. That's starting to get me a bit nervous... My test is in 1 wk. I'm just wondering how important it is to have these study/practice sessions?

I'm an allopathic student from a US school. So I've been working in the clinic in almost all of my clerkships. I've also passed my school's clinical assessment exam (mock CS). My plan is to stick with FA for CS and then just review some physical exam maneuvers and call it a day. I'd also spend some time looking through common CC's and DDx and workups.

I've been pretty calm and laid back about this. Don't get me wrong, I'm still taking it very seriously, but people around me have been making me pretty nervous.

Just wondering if my plan is okay?

Thanks!

I think you should be fine.

FMG's usually want to study with a partner to work out "problem areas" such as what to say in certain situations, adjust accent etc.

Just make sure you know FA real well.