Is it bad to mention your first choice in an interview???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZekeMD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed at my top choice and during the interview I happened to mention that it was my first choice. It came out something like this; "School _____ Is without a doubt my first choice and I would come here in a heartbeat." It just kind of come out like that, I didn't plan it, but thats what I really feel. I would withdraw everywhere if accepted to this school.

So my question is, do you think it is a bad thing that I said what I said? Will it look like I'm trying to suck up?

Members don't see this ad.

Not a bad thing. If you meant it sincerely, and it sounds like you did, it probably did not come off as sucking up.

not at all. you have the interview. you better do what you can to make sure you let them know that you really want to attend that school. you sounded pretty genuine, i think they can tell if you are bs-ing or not. but yeah when given an opportunity take it.

It is a good idea to mention that the school is your first choice. However, the more important thing is telling them why that school is your first choice. This shows more sincerity.