Is Fight Night bad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joooj86

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am just curious, the other day i spent a lot of time playing a video game, some good hours till my hand started to hurt. It poped up a question...will video games, or i play music too,.... will they hurt your hand or decrease the accuracy of your hand..god knows will these things cause parkinson?? I mean will these things affect my dental career at all??..will it make it better?? anyone has any idea about this....?? I know dental schools look for manual dexterity but when u are playing video games intensively will that get you in the future??

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on your posture. If you're posture is bad enough you can hurt yourself doing anything slightly repetitive. If you're playing games on a computer use ergonomic keyboard and mouse. If you're playing a console look for a more ergnonomic controller or just take a break when you hand begins to fatigue. Short of hurting yourself you won't decrease your accuracy or manual dexterity by using your hands, you may even benefit from increased hand-eye coordination.

stop playing video games, if its hurting your hand.

Members don't see this ad :)
never keep practicing; what games btw>?

Video games can help develop psychomotor skills.

edkNARF said:
Video games can help develop psychomotor skills.

They also help develop social skills. Every gamer I've ever known seems like they just finished a Tony Robbins seminar.

joooj86 said:
I am just curious, the other day i spent a lot of time playing a video game, some good hours till my hand started to hurt. It poped up a question...will video games, or i play music too,.... will they hurt your hand or decrease the accuracy of your hand..god knows will these things cause parkinson?? I mean will these things affect my dental career at all??..will it make it better?? anyone has any idea about this....?? I know dental schools look for manual dexterity but when u are playing video games intensively will that get you in the future??

i've been hardcore with madden...and now ncaa football since 3rd grade...
and i believe that i'm somewhat normal.

i will say it's kinda embarrassing when you do strain a hand muscle....and then have to explain to your course director that u can't do a practical that day 'cause u hurt yourself "blowing ninjas up".

toothcaries said:
i will say it's kinda embarrassing when you do strain a hand muscle.... and then have to explain to your course director that u can't do a practical that day 'cause u hurt yourself "blowing ninjas up".

Hey, somebodys gotta do it...

oh yea, it is called carpel something syndrome. My friend got it two years ago. That didn't stop him from playing but he seem fine now. I don't know if it'll come back later tho.