Is failing a class or multiple classes common in pharmacy school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamer122

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just started my PY1 year.

I am barely passing my exams with grades around 70%-75%, I even failed one exam with a 67%. For those exams that I have 80% or above, my grades are still below the class average. I was an A student in undergrad but now I am only hoping to pass my exams. I am panicking because if this keeps on going I might fail at least one or two classes. My worst nightmare is being dismissed from school.

To make me feel even worse, most of my friends join 3-4 student organizations, and they are like always busy with all of the student org involvement while I am the only one not joining any and spends most of my time studying, and still, I am failing classes. They also have time to hang out in the weekend, go to bar, sport games, etc, which really makes me wonder how they manage to do all that and still do well in class. I refused their invitations a couple of times in order to study but I really don't want to end up being that one person in the class that has no friends.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? How common is failing classes in pharmacy school? Any advice would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
sorry I posted this in the wrong place, tried to delete but there is no delete button

Status
Not open for further replies.