Is BU rolling admissions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Megalofyia

425 lbs and growing
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is BU rolling admissions?

Members don't see this ad.

have you heard anything from BU?

I sent in my "secondary"...or I guess just the added information and requisite check since they say they have no secondary....a month ago, and other than a confirmation that they received it, I haven't heard anything. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
They have just started sending out e-mails for interviews.

Would you be so kind to post the link to the Boston University secondary? Everyone who applies gets a secondary. Ifigure if AMCAS is going to take so long at least I can get a jump on everything else!

I don't have the link to the boston secondary anymore. All I remember was a question about any gaps in my education.

There is no true secondary. They just send you a checklist of stuff you need (pic, check, gaps in education, lor, etc.) to send. I think that might be it, but I don't know where the original letter is.

there isnt even a form for u to fill out
weird huh
that is the only one school where literally all u may send is a check

i even called the school to ask
since i thought it was really weird

they said to just place a check in envelope
mail it

and that was it

haha

So anyways.. I'm guessing that they are rolling admissions?

there are good deal of other schools that just want your money without too much other info......i dont like the schools that ask for money just to review your amcas app......now that sucks haha.

im talking to you mayo and msu! (i have a bad temper haha)

i didnt read anywhere about them having rolling admissions...but i guess i would assume that they do.

sorry not being too much help ;)

I think you may want to consult the latest edition of the MSAR...(it would probably indicate whether BU is rolling or not)

If someone has the latest edition of the MSAR could they tell me if BU is rolling admissions. I'd rather not have to buy it just to find out one thing.
Thanks

i was also wondering if Boston has rolling admissions... has anyone uncovered this answer? thanks!

Earliest acceptance is December and then untill class is filled.

:( That means 2 months of waiting for people with early October interviews.

Hey guys. I'm a first year at BU Med, from what I remember (not very much since my mind is all over the place right now) the admissions process is like this:
First wave of decisions is late Dec / early Jan (acceptances, rejections, and hold categories). Hold categories are then further reviewed and a decision is made in the second wave of decisions...come late April / early May (acceptance, rejections, and waitlist). The waitlist has some good movement (I got in off the waitlist), so if that's your deal then definitely stay optimistic. Acceptances in the first wave are somewhat rare, if you get one you're ridiculously qualified. BU has so many pathways (more than any other med school) to med school - I think there are like 7 (BA/MD program, GMS program...you'll hear about all them). This is a disadvantage for traditional applicants because something like 40 of the 150 spots are for those pathway people. Regardless, it is very possible to get in here. I can't believe I'm here, honestly. Just have fun interviewing, traveling, etc. And if you have any questions, definitely let me know. Or do a search of the archives on BU - there are a lot of good posts from the last application cycle with ALL the info you need (all the info we needed at least).

By the way, I absolutely LOVE BU. The school has a great setup, and Boston is the greatest city on earth. I live two blocks from Fenway and the Sox are about to make the playoffs. Not to mention, the people here are pretty laid back because the classes are pass/fail. Tonight I sat in this study room with a handful of my classmates and we just made fun of each other for a couple hours while studying. Personally, I'm loving all the free food in med school. We've had free pizza / free lunches for the past couple weeks for such and such organization or a random info meeting. Like I said, the curriculum is pass/fail and basically, the first semester, you're only taking two classes (anatomy and histology). The other three classes (psychiatry, human behavior in medicine and integrated problems) are supposedly cake (i'll know for sure in about two weeks when I have my psych test). Human behavior in medicine is cool - I went to this hospital last week and interviewed a real patient (drug addict w/ heart trouble, diabetes, the works...oh yeah, and a free lunch at the hospital). Nobody was even supervising me (and it was my first interview ever). They just said go to this room and I'll see you downstairs in an hour. Med school is great, you guys have so much to look forward to. Good luck!

Go Red Sox!

so they are semi-rolling, one decision time in December and one in March/April?

anyone can confirm this? I am trying to decide when to go for interview (if it's not rolling, I won't rush to go there)