Is (applying to) medical school worth it if I want to strictly treat medicine like a job?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctoscope

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Kind of a poorly worded title, but I don't know how else to word this. I'm getting ready to apply in 2022 (studying for the MCAT, finishing up my ECs, etc.) after finishing up a reinvention postbacc (3.98, ~67 units; ~3.3 final sGPA).

I've recently had some life experiences that's making me second think everything, not just applying to medical school.

On one hand, the amazing mastery over physiology & pathology the doctor I work for showed had really affirmed in me that that level of knowledge and skill is something I want to pursue, and want for myself. On the other hand, I'm not sure if I'm willing (or able) to make medicine something I wholly dedicate myself to.

I really do feel passionate to become a doctor, and I'm willing to put in the necessary amount of work for it; I'm just not sure if the amount of working I'm thinking of/expecting matches with strictly viewing medicine as a job, and not some "undying passion."

If I apply and am fortunate enough to get into a US medical school, can I make it through with the attitude that I'm preparing for a "career/job," and not something that I need to dedicate my "undying passion" for? I'm aware that med school pace can be "drowning," and I'm not sure if I have the right attitude to be able to make it through.

I hope you get what I mean, since I'm having a hard time properly articulating these thoughts.

If it matters, my shadowing/clinical experiences have piqued my interest in PM&R/psychiatry if I were to get accepted/matriculate.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Maybe not if you are having these thoughts. Just try to distinguish it from cold feet or imposter syndrome.

If you would really look at it as a job rather than a calling, though, you might become very dissatisfied pretty early on, and come to think that the squeeze is not worth the juice. There are a lot of easier ways to make a living, plus, as you surely know, it costs a ton of money and takes a ton of time before you can even start practicing.

You will hate it if you are not 1,000% committed, and there are an infinite number of other things anyone who is good enough to get into a US med school can be very successful at. If you are going to pull the plug, now is the time rather than when you are a MS3.

The good news is that you have another year or so to really explore your feelings before going all in. If need be, you can take it right up to matriculation before deciding. If you try and fail to get accepted, you can then proceed to Plan B with no regrets and no second guessing. If it were me, I'd stay on the path while seriously considering other options, and hope inspiration strikes one way or the other before commitment time in Spring 2023.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I don’t have an “undying passion” for medicine. I find the content interesting and I like the benefit I can bring to people, but at the end of the day, this is a job. I put in my 50-60 hours a week towards studying, and then I do other things, and that’s how I plan to treat medicine once I’m an attending. I recognize I won’t be able to treat it that way during residency, and that’s a reality I’ve accepted.

I don’t believe you need to see medicine as a calling, I just think you need to have done your homework about the realities of the profession. If you have, and it still appeals to you, go for it. If you haven’t, you may feel disillusioned.

Some people live to work. Others work to live. I’m in the latter category and it sounds like you may be too. There’s nothing wrong with that. I’m perfectly content in med school and I’m excited for the job it’s preparing me for, but medicine is not “my life”, it’s just a part of it.

Reactions: 15 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Couldn't tell you what attending life is like - but for the 7-10 years of training you can treat it like a job. That's actually, probably, the healthiest way to do it.

Just be prepared to give up more freedom (time, location, scheduling, etc.) than most folks in a similar stage of life.

Reactions: 4 users
If by "job" you mean "meaningful work that I feel good about doing, but that doesn't define my existence", then yes. Medicine is a very fulfilling career. If by "job" you mean "how I make money to support my real life", then no. Medicine requires too much effort and dedication; there are plenty of other ways to make money that require less time and effort.

• Dislike
Reactions: 8 users
Sounds like you like the content but don't want to pay the price. Physician training involves nights, weekends and holidays away from family. Many times as an attending your hours with call are worse than in training. I worked harder and longer as an attending than as a resident or fellow. General surgery and Ortho come to mind.. My standard advice is ..If you have to think about going into medicine....don't. It requires some level of passion to get through the training and later lifestyle.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
One of my friends has this outlook, looking at medicine as strictly a career to make ends meet. I personally think there is a lot of sacrifices that you will have to undertake if you enter medicine, and there has to be some level of passion when entering this field. I, myself, find joy and fulfillment in the patient interactions I have, and the rigor and creativity involved in the research and discovery side of medicine. But, I guess, to each one's own. It really depends on yourself. I would suggest taking a year to explore what a medical career undertakes through clinical experience, before committing yourself to the career path.
THIS^^^^^^. From slightly older friends and family in a variety of fields, my takeaway is similar, which is why I posted what I did above.

In the abstract, it all seems quite doable, but, if you are having second thoughts before you even start, just think long and hard before proceeding. I know plenty of folks who are miserable in demanding, well paying careers because they went into them with no passion or commitment, treating them as means to an end. And that's the exact vibe I got from the OP. Life is too short to be miserable chasing prestige and money. JMHO.

Sounds like you like the content but don't want to pay the price. Physician training involves nights, weekends and holidays away from family. Many times as an attending your hours with call are worse than in training. I worked harder and longer as an attending than as a resident or fellow. General surgery and Ortho come to mind.. My standard advice is ..If you have to think about going into medicine....don't. It requires some level of passion to get through the training and later lifestyle.

Is that the case as well within non-surgical, more lifestyle-friendly specialties? Obviously I haven't even applied yet so it's premature to think about this stuff, but I thought fields such as FM, IM, Psych, and PM&R were much more conducive to having a bigger life outside of medicine than in one.

I really do want the level of expertise and positive, life-changing effects physicians have over their patients, and I'm more than willing to pay the price during training (med school + residency), as that price isn't exclusive to medicine. But if it means medicine will take up a bigger portion of your life than all other factors for the rest of the career as well, then maybe I really do need to consider alternatives.

If by "job" you mean "meaningful work that I feel good about doing, but that doesn't define my existence", then yes. Medicine is a very fulfilling career. If by "job" you mean "how I make money to support my real life", then no. Medicine requires too much effort and dedication; there are plenty of other ways to make money that require less time and effort.

That's what I meant. I've just been feeling very intimidated by the training process based on what I've been hearing from old high school friends who are now beginning/are deep in their residency training.

One of my friends has this outlook, looking at medicine as strictly a career to make ends meet. I personally think there is a lot of sacrifices that you will have to undertake if you enter medicine, and there has to be some level of passion when entering this field. I, myself, find joy and fulfillment in the patient interactions I have, and the rigor and creativity involved in the research and discovery side of medicine. But, I guess, to each one's own. It really depends on yourself. I would suggest taking a year to explore what a medical career undertakes through clinical experience, before committing yourself to the career path.
Damn, I really wonder who that friend is.

That's what I meant. I've just been feeling very intimidated by the training process based on what I've been hearing from old high school friends who are now beginning/are deep in their residency training.
It honestly depends on what field you're interested in too. Take derm for example. You'll have a great compensation and great lifestyle, and even the latter through residency. That's a field you can truly treat just as a career and be happy. There are others too, of course, albeit likely with lower pay.

I don't think there's anything wrong with entering medicine while viewing it as a career, as long as you intend to pursue specialties are in line with your view of work/life balance. People always say there are far easier ways to make money, but those ways don't necessarily interest me, such as banking. Medicine both interests me and its very lucrative. I won't claim to have some incredible passion regarding the field, but I do enjoy it and I see it as a career I would be happy to have.

It honestly depends on what field you're interested in too. Take derm for example. You'll have a great compensation and great lifestyle, and even the latter through residency. That's a field you can truly treat just as a career and be happy. There are others too, of course, albeit likely with lower pay.

I don't think there's anything wrong with entering medicine while viewing it as a career, as long as you intend to pursue specialties are in line with your view of work/life balance. People always say there are far easier ways to make money, but those ways don't necessarily interest me, such as banking. Medicine both interests me and its very lucrative. I won't claim to have some incredible passion regarding the field, but I do enjoy it and I see it as a career I would be happy to have.
Sounds great. What's the plan if, after busting your a** for all the years it takes to make it through premed and med school, you get to the match and then find you cannot get a lifestyle residency? Not saying it will necessarily happen to you, but the fact is that it does happen every year to thousands of high achievers who never imagined when they entered med school that they would be on the outside looking in after the derm, plastics, or fill in the blank residency match.

Sounds great. What's the plan if, after busting your a** for all the years it takes to make it through premed and med school, you get to the match and then find you cannot get a lifestyle residency? Not saying it will necessarily happen to you, but the fact is that it does happen every year to thousands of high achievers who never imagined when they entered med school that they would be on the outside looking in after the derm, plastics, or fill in the blank residency match.
Yup, I actually meant to write about that, then had to leave and just hit enter. I think it's definitely a risk that everyone should consider, and its up to individuals to judge their abilities. I'm pretty confident in myself (and I've taken steps to try and increase likelihood such as seeking higher ranked schools and taking a job in my preferred residency field), but if I were to fail, then there's also less competitive specialties with a great lifestyle. Less pay, but still not bad by any means such as psychiatry.

Members don't see this ad :)
Kind of a poorly worded title, but I don't know how else to word this. I'm getting ready to apply in 2022 (studying for the MCAT, finishing up my ECs, etc.) after finishing up a reinvention postbacc (3.98, ~67 units; ~3.3 final sGPA).

I've recently had some life experiences that's making me second think everything, not just applying to medical school.

On one hand, the amazing mastery over physiology & pathology the doctor I work for showed had really affirmed in me that that level of knowledge and skill is something I want to pursue, and want for myself. On the other hand, I'm not sure if I'm willing (or able) to make medicine something I wholly dedicate myself to.

I really do feel passionate to become a doctor, and I'm willing to put in the necessary amount of work for it; I'm just not sure if the amount of working I'm thinking of/expecting matches with strictly viewing medicine as a job, and not some "undying passion."

If I apply and am fortunate enough to get into a US medical school, can I make it through with the attitude that I'm preparing for a "career/job," and not something that I need to dedicate my "undying passion" for? I'm aware that med school pace can be "drowning," and I'm not sure if I have the right attitude to be able to make it through.

I hope you get what I mean, since I'm having a hard time properly articulating these thoughts.

If it matters, my shadowing/clinical experiences have piqued my interest in PM&R/psychiatry if I were to get accepted/matriculate.
Medicine is a calling. Most people feel some kind of almost "spiritual" magnetism to the profession. Like they say, you know when you know.

If by "a job," you mean a 9-5...that's not what med schools are looking for, cuz that's not what medicine is like. Medicine is about coming in early (extra early if you want a HP as opposed to a P), staying late (until your seniors ask you to leave), seeing what needs to be done, doing scutwork w/out complaining, etc. That's just the way it goes. The process tends to screen out people who can't handle it.

You need to be passionate about medicine. That in and of itself is quite an understatement. It's not enough to just be like, "A&P is cool, and I like helping people, yada yada." I totally and completely get what you meant by this post (believe me :lol: 😉), but if you are doubting it...probably better to trust your instincts. I will leave you with one of the adages that your pre-med advisor has likely already told you: If you can see yourself doing anything else, do that instead.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
I like medicine and I look forward to working as a physician.

I do plan to treat it like a job and not let it complete consume other portions of my life. I'll probably go into some sort of primary care position and try to not take it home with me every night.

The training process sucks but I would argue that most other field that give you this much autonomy and salary have a couple of rough years leading up to it too. I have friends who make salaries equivalent to physicians working in the business sector, but I remember talking to them back when they started and were working 100 hour weeks literally being yelled at by higher management for making the smallest mistakes.

You have to at least like what you do so you don't crash and burn instantly, and if you like medicine and are willing to make the time, effort, and money investment into it, there's nothing wrong with wanting to have it be only a limited part of your life once you are practicing full time. No other career gives you as many perks as being a doctor does. It doesn't have to consume your identity but you have to make sure you're willing to make sacrifices to get to that point.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
It’s most definitely a job. The people who treat it like some holy crusade are the ones who develop problems when it engulfs their life outside the hospital/office.

Reactions: 10 users
You know, I’ve recently spoken to a new mentor that teaches a subject that has nothing to do w/ medicine, but it does have to do w/ what I’m studying in UG while also being pre-med. And for the record, I’m not primarily majoring in a science discipline but formerly was.

Talking to this person reminded me that *if I wanted to* find opportunities outside of strictly just being a doctor, I could find that for myself eventually - since I’m kind of a dual-discipline person.

And I’ve done a fair share of things outside of medicine & academia too, so seeing your post makes me feel what you’re saying deeply.

But it sounds like you’ve done enough work to do your post-bac & bump your GPA & and ECs. I don’t think you know until you shadow or get relevant experience w/ clinical settings. If you’ve got that & are okay w/ spending x-amount of years dealing w/ that in order to get to w/e specialty JOB you’d like - go do what you need to do.

Medicine has a multitude of specialties. At the end of the day, these are essentially JOBS.

Some require more research, others require more patient care, or business or w/e. Depends on what you want and if you’re willing to delay your gratification for doing whatever you find meaningful. Some of it has to mean something to you though.

Anything worth doing is difficult in some way, but you don’t have to do THIS (medicine, strictly). But if THIS is what’s currently inspiring you to get up and try to do or learn things… then who knows! Maybe you’re just fine & you should apply in the next cycle.

Don’t be afraid of doing something new that scares you because it’ll be difficult, and not everyone else is doing it.

Imagine what you’d do, if you actually got in. If it sparks something happy for you, let that be enough & follow it. Find support where you can. Talk to people who know you, because in some ways, you’ll need them in the future if you pursue this path.

That might help too.

Just an OMS-2 and thoughts might change during clinicals, residency and beyond. I think it’s fine and dandy if some docs see it as a calling and some see it as a job, as long as the latter group are people who can dedicate themselves to the job for their own reasons. The passion myth is damaging to millennials in many career fields. I won’t get into it here too much but isn’t that why a bunch of us majored in photography and now work at coffee shops to pay off the loans? And isn’t it how employers, especially start up and non profits, have convinced entry level employees to work 60 hour weeks and be on call 24/7?

I think most of us should focus on doing something we’re ok with (don’t have to love it, also shouldn’t hate it) for 40 hours a week to pay the bills and have rewarding experiences and relationships outside of that. Some people can be passionate about their jobs and/or make work their life. But that doesn’t need to be everyone and arguably shouldn’t be.

I don’t agree with going into medicine for the money alone but medicine as a stable career for people who care about patients and derive personal satisfaction from a job well done is perfectly appropriate.

OP it’s ok not to have “the calling” as long as you’re compassionate and competent.

• Dislike
Reactions: 7 users
People who pick medicine knowing there will be some tough years but a high paying stable job at the end will get what they expect

People who are motivated by empathy or want intellectual stimulation would be better off in other fields

People who pick medicine knowing there will be some tough years but a high paying stable job at the end will get what they expect

People who are motivated by empathy or want intellectual stimulation would be better off in other fields
From what I’ve seen the people who think medicine is their calling are very disappointed, the people who treat it like a job are usually much more content.

Reactions: 6 users
Just an OMS-2 and thoughts might change during clinicals, residency and beyond. I think it’s fine and dandy if some docs see it as a calling and some see it as a job, as long as the latter group are people who can dedicate themselves to the job for their own reasons. The passion myth is damaging to millennials in many career fields. I won’t get into it here too much but isn’t that why a bunch of us majored in photography and now work at coffee shops to pay off the loans? And isn’t it how employers, especially start up and non profits, have convinced entry level employees to work 60 hour weeks and be on call 24/7?

I think most of us should focus on doing something we’re ok with (don’t have to love it, also shouldn’t hate it) for 40 hours a week to pay the bills and have rewarding experiences and relationships outside of that. Some people can be passionate about their jobs and/or make work their life. But that doesn’t need to be everyone and arguably shouldn’t be.

I don’t agree with going into medicine for the money alone but medicine as a stable career for people who care about patients and derive personal satisfaction from a job well done is perfectly appropriate.

OP it’s ok not to have “the calling” as long as you’re compassionate and competent.
I'm not sure how " stable" medicine is anymore. Most of my family and friends are in medicine. I have seen my former practice, my wife's practice, friends, daughter in law go through major cultural changes when hospitals or Healthcare entities change hands. The solution in my wife's group for being unable to recruit a new doc for over a year was to cancel vacation for 6 months and work more shifts. This after working short all this time and 2 members announce retiring. When the hospital or group is purchased, money and lifestyle can change quickly. That restrictive covenant will be enforced. I mention this not to discourage people, but that 30 or 40 yr practice in one place may become a thing of the past. Flexibility may become more important in the future.

I'm not sure how " stable" medicine is anymore. Most of my family and friends are in medicine. I have seen my former practice, my wife's practice, friends, daughter in law go through major cultural changes when hospitals or Healthcare entities change hands. The solution in my wife's group for being unable to recruit a new doc for over a year was to cancel vacation for 6 months and work more shifts. This after working short all this time and 2 members announce retiring. When the hospital or group is purchased, money and lifestyle can change quickly. That restrictive covenant will be enforced. I mention this not to discourage people, but that 30 or 40 yr practice in one place may become a thing of the past. Flexibility may become more important in the future.
Perfect argument for living like a resident for the first five to ten years as an attending. Cut expenses, put all surplus into equities/real estate, don’t use your first signing bonus on a Maserati that will depreciate right when it leaves the lot, don’t buy luxury items until can be purchased from capital gains etc.

Your point is taken but stable to me doesn't mean a homogenous lifestyle and employment; it means being certain I'll be employed somewhere, able to care for my family and able to ensure my kids have access to education. I believe most people my age have limited expectations when it comes to the type of stability you're describing. I was born after the industrialization of healthcare.

Honestly with the way you sound, np may be the way to go. Seriously consider it, even though this forum is geared toward physicians, because it’s a quicker and easier route with a lot less stress than being a physician, to do a lot of similar things as a physician. The drawback is less money, and less expertise, with the upside of cutting out the fat. You should only consider going med school route if your really dedicated to the path.
Another route to consider, would be business school. Friend did prereqs for med school decided it wasn’t for him, went to T15 business school, at 26 made $125,000 base plus 35,000 bonus which is average for new business grads in consulting and IB. Just different perspectives to think about it. There are many fields that you get though the suck, make good money, start investing.. same as you would later with physician salary. Also have the work/ life balance to boot right away.

IB and consulting have fairly intense work loads, from what I hear from my business friends.

I do agree with the sentiment that there are easier ways to have a financially secure, intellectually stimulating career - thus the idea of medicine being a “calling”. Desiring and working in a medical career doesn’t have to mean devoting your entire being to medicine though. I’ve seen models of this in physicians I shadowed or worked for.

IB and consulting have fairly intense work loads, from what I hear from my business friends.

I do agree with the sentiment that there are easier ways to have a financially secure, intellectually stimulating career - thus the idea of medicine being a “calling”. Desiring and working in a medical career doesn’t have to mean devoting your entire being to medicine though. I’ve seen models of this in physicians I shadowed or worked for.
No of course it doesn’t have to be a calling Perse, but until you get accepted, then get the degree 4(years) and then match, then get the (stack $$$) to pay off loans after residency(3-7 depending on what it is you want to do) thats a whole lot of stressors and time commitment ahead, that you’ll need to navigate. In between that time of restlessly studying, and then making peanuts(residency) you could’ve done something else. Now up until your training is finished you’ll pretty much eat , sleep , & breath medicine with small pockets of downtime, to retain your humanity. Even if your not chasing derm, you still need to work incredibly hard. Some residencies will work you like a dog in psych and FM. If your still interested after what I said that’s good. Just carefully ponder what is that you truly desire.The mind and heart wants what it wants, so there’s really no point in continuing. Just see for yourself. Wish you the best.

Last edited:

many of us feel this way. medicine is a good job and a good career.

If I apply and am fortunate enough to get into a US medical school, can I make it through with the attitude that I'm preparing for a "career/job," and not something that I need to dedicate my "undying passion" for?

"undying passion" does not exist in real medicine. it is something premeds and admin talk about. perhaps a very few clinicians really feel this way but it is extremely rare and overall it's a silly concept IMO

i cant recommend radiology highly enuogh for those who don't want a typical doctory job

You may find this 2017 article to be of some interest. The authors found that physicians who were more likely to see medicine as a calling were actually less likely to report signs of burnout.

A calling, however, is not the same as an "undying passion." The article's authors define calling as "committing one's life to personally meaningful work that serves a prosocial purpose." Undying passion is something that really only exists in cliché personal statements.

It may be helpful to reframe this as a contrast between intrinsic and extrinsic motivations. Genuine interested in the work of medicine would be intrinsic, while the money and prestige associated with being a doctor would be extrinsic. My own belief is that those with high intrinsic motivation are generally happier with their career choice, even during difficult periods. Those who go into medicine mainly for the extrinsic motivators tend to get disillusioned, even after they buy that first Porsche.

These are general observations, however. People are complex, and few things about us are truly cut-and-dry.

One thing that definitely happens after being in practice for a few years is that you get really comfortable with your work. You've seen enough, done enough, and know enough that the practice starts to become routine. With that routine comes the sense that what you are doing every day is "just a job," particularly if you're settled, have a house, kids in school, a spouse with their own career, a 401(k), and a target retirement year. At that point you're just on the treadmill like most other people.

• Love
You may find this 2017 article to be of some interest. The authors found that physicians who were more likely to see medicine as a calling were actually less likely to report signs of burnout.

A calling, however, is not the same as an "undying passion." The article's authors define calling as "committing one's life to personally meaningful work that serves a prosocial purpose." Undying passion is something that really only exists in cliché personal statements.

It may be helpful to reframe this as a contrast between intrinsic and extrinsic motivations. Genuine interested in the work of medicine would be intrinsic, while the money and prestige associated with being a doctor would be extrinsic. My own belief is that those with high intrinsic motivation are generally happier with their career choice, even during difficult periods. Those who go into medicine mainly for the extrinsic motivators tend to get disillusioned, even after they buy that first Porsche.

These are general observations, however. People are complex, and few things about us are truly cut-and-dry.

One thing that definitely happens after being in practice for a few years is that you get really comfortable with your work. You've seen enough, done enough, and know enough that the practice starts to become routine. With that routine comes the sense that what you are doing every day is "just a job," particularly if you're settled, have a house, kids in school, a spouse with their own career, a 401(k), and a target retirement year. At that point you're just on the treadmill like most other people.
Is this also true if your job is more research/academic focused. I would’ve thought it is always something new?

Is this also true if your job is more research/academic focused. I would’ve thought it is always something new?
Depends. Academia and research encompass a lot of different types of work, everything from the R01-funded MD/PhD who spends 95% time in the lab, to clinician-educators who spend 80% time practicing and the rest teaching, with an occasional collaboration on a paper or poster. It would not surprise me if those drawn to academia do get bored more quickly than the RVU machines out in straight private practice.

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
Those who go into medicine mainly for the extrinsic motivators tend to get disillusioned, even after they buy that first Porsche.

Well that's why you need the SECOND Porsche. That's when the real satisfaction sets in. Duh

• Haha
To be fair, I don’t think that people would go into medicine if they weren’t trying to earn as much as they’d hope they’re worth. By attempting to do it, you’re literally trying to push the limit that was once set on you. Jobs, any job is a step into getting past your situation, technically.

And I’m not saying I wouldn’t be happy to make enough - doing something I like - so I can pay someone to renovate a house I get AND decorate it. Everybody has a dream beyond medicine, I think.

I can forget the Porsche. 😂 Somebody find me a contractor that can build me a hidden slide from my master bedroom to the kitchen pantry!! Jk. I’m watching too much HGTV.

There's always dumbwaiters

Depends. Academia and research encompass a lot of different types of work, everything from the R01-funded MD/PhD who spends 95% time in the lab, to clinician-educators who spend 80% time practicing and the rest teaching, with an occasional collaboration on a paper or poster. It would not surprise me if those drawn to academia do get bored more quickly than the RVU machines out in straight private practice.

Hats off to the people who do clinical/medical research. Definitely not everyone can do it. 👍🏼

Pursuing this route as a means to an end is not a great idea. There will be 7-11 hard years to get there (excluding undergrad, etc), and many times, you may work even harder as an attending, though maybe less hours overall. You also may end up detesting the specialties that offer a better lifestyle in the end.

First, one has to want to be a medical student above all else. Everything falls into place (for most) after that. I feel personally that entering med school with the heart wholly set on becoming a doctor is a mistake. Yes, that is the long goal, but there are extreme tests of mind and body before that. The process, itself, ought to be valued most.

Disclaimer: This is just my opinion and experience. I will not respond to fallacious/attacking rebuttals.

It’s most definitely a job. The people who treat it like some holy crusade are the ones who develop problems when it engulfs their life outside the hospital/office.

Can always count on Tenk to keep it real.