Is anyone else sick of the word 'stellar'?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spitting Camel

Anteater for Life!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why is that the ONLY word people use to describe GPAs, MCAT scores, and anything else that pertains to medical school applications? I hate it!! I even read it in an article today! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! +pissed+

Members don't see this ad.

You're right, there's really a plethora of other terms people could use.

That's another one I'm getting sick of.

Originally posted by AlreadyInDebt
Why is that the ONLY word people use to describe GPAs, MCAT scores, and anything else that pertains to medical school applications? I hate it!! I even read it in an article today! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! +pissed+

What words do you suggest to describe such things.

3.0 sucks, 3.2 low , 3.4 ok, 3.6 good, 3.8 very good, 3.9 awsome, 3.98 supercalifragilistic expialidocious?

(waits for GoodMonkey to spell that right...)

Members don't see this ad :)
how about stoked?

My gpa is stoked. Or, my gpa is luke (as in warm). My gpa is "nuculer"

Don't worry, I would NEVER use the word "stellar" to describe my gpa. For that matter, neither would anyone else! Just doing my part.

my curriculum is "heavenly".

Originally posted by AlreadyInDebt
Yes I'd much rather know percentiles, means, standard deviations, and credit hours per semester.