is anyone else pissed off about the indian cricket team?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Energon

Nobody Summons Megatron
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
After the high of doing well in australia and pakistan, they get owned by the aussies and pakistani team at home :confused: and now shane bond is making them look like a bunch of school boys in zimbabwe :mad:

granted I haven't watched a live game in the last 10+ years and cricinfo is my only source... but still, how can the damn team be so bloody unreliable?

Members don't see this ad.

yeah i'm very much pissed up +pissed+ but i have moved over to F1 and EPL. do they play cricket over there in USof A?

did anyone watch videocon cup final.

Members don't see this ad :)
shardul said:
did anyone watch videocon cup final.

Whats the point dude, we usually end up getting our asses handed to us in finals anyways.

Unless they pull off lagaan-esque miracles, then I don't watch.

Unless they pull off lagaan-esque miracles, then I don't watch.

i suppose then , the last time to u saw india playing was quite a long time back !

Yeah I know the bluejays just keep getting better.

allergic2morons said:
yeah i'm very much pissed up +pissed+ but i have moved over to F1 and EPL. do they play cricket over there in USof A?

Hey did u watch belgian grand prix?? i really feel sorry for Montoya

Oh well, I think they are trying to redeem themselves by beating up on the mighty Zimbabwe now..... bloody pathetic

I am so out of the cricket world, I swear. Lots of newbie's in our team, Adi?

Oh btw, kay re ? kasa kay chaltay adi :p barayach divsani no holler :p orthodontist bantach majha $$$$ madhye ardh share veesarlas nahi na ?:p
Are mala naaaaaa mumbai chi athvan yete, ata me kay karooo? radooo? :(
:)

shardul said:
Hey did u watch belgian grand prix?? i really feel sorry for Montoya

:( yeah poor chap. but i feel more sorry for Kimi. I now only hope alonso crashes out in interlagos. :smuggrin:

AMMD said:
Oh well, I think they are trying to redeem themselves by beating up on the mighty Zimbabwe now..... bloody pathetic

hey did u watch Ganguly today, bastard got hundred. now he wouldnt be outta team for long time to come. :( :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
priyanka said:
Are mala naaaaaa mumbai chi athvan yete, ata me kay karooo? radooo? :(
:)

Priiiiiii :love: Long time yaaar, where have you been? total gayab dude :( . Tu kai akaha divas abhyas karte kai? No time to come on chat or anything :confused:

Anyways the Radoo thing always reminds me of that old gripe water commercial

Kai zhaala?..... Bal radat hota....... Ek koolya var chapat de sagla bandh hoiyl :laugh: ok maybe that is my version of it.

anywyas where have you been dude? how is school going? pm me to give me an update.

adi

Rumor has it that Pri might be relocating....changing residences. ;)

allergic2morons said:
hey did u watch Ganguly today, bastard got hundred. now he wouldnt be outta team for long time to come. :( :mad:

Unfortunately I haven't watched cricket on TV in a looooooooong time (years), i just religiously follow it on cricinfo.

Anywayz yea, basically the SOB scored a tuk-tuk century against a phadtoos Zimbabwe B team.

I agree once upon a time he was a great ODI batsman, but these days.... i dunno. The last time I saw him play was in WC 03 and all the half decent fast bowlers made him look like a fool... The guy has practically no footwork, slashes across the line of the ball, slashes at balls going across him.... I have never seen a guy with so many "radas" in his basic "fundas" of batting.

shivalrous said:
Rumor has it that Pri might be relocating....changing residences. ;)

:laugh: See how the news slips out sooooooooooooo swiftly :p , patience patience...my man... not yet. Not even sure yet :oops: BTW, rumor has it that Shiv is embracing Islam for a chick ;) :laugh: way to go!

priyanka said:
:laugh: See how the news slips out sooooooooooooo swiftly :p , patience patience...my man... not yet. Not even sure yet :oops: BTW, rumor has it that Shiv is embracing Islam for a chick ;) :laugh: way to go!

I thought you were moving to a bigger house. :D

Right now the only thing I am embracing is alcohol....the universal religion. :D

AMMD said:
Kai zhaala?..... Bal radat hota....... Ek koolya var chapat de sagla bandh hoiyl :laugh:

:laugh:

aisee hi yaar, bussy with school and work and research and blah and blah......neverending list! :hungover:, gotta enjoy it while its still there, not that its ever gonna endd ;) coz i embraced it myself :)
you like the song..... galyat lagli gala and something something, gosh I dont get that gavthi marathi, the new version of it was hot, uh that was pretty random eh....hah :p

shivalrous said:
I thought you were moving to a bigger house. :D

Right now the only thing I am embracing is alcohol....the universal religion. :D

alcohol....mmmmm.... yum, alcohol is life.....ahem... alcohol is life? How would I know right? the naive and innocent pri wouldnt know :) :p :oops: :idea:
Btw, mujhe nahi pata tha ki yer a rekha fan :p ditch her dude....shes olddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

priyanka said:
alcohol....mmmmm.... yum, alcohol is life.....ahem... alcohol is life? How would I know right? the naive and innocent pri wouldnt know :) :p :oops: :idea:
Btw, mujhe nahi pata tha ki yer a rekha fan :p ditch her dude....shes olddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

I wish I could believe you were naive and innocent. :laugh:

Rekha is like an aged wine....wait here's an analogy you'll know for sure, aged basmati :love: -- she ages so well.

And can't knock her acting. She's gorgeous.

Yea dude, galiyat sakhli... is an alltime great.... Ghati marathi rocks, I can do a really good Ghati accent at that, Give me a dhoti a wifebeater (ganji) and one of those ST driver hats and im all set.

Good to hear from you nonetheless. What are you doing your research in? How is the MCAT studying going?

BTW speaking of Mumbai, one of my cousins just sent me these "Tantra T-shirts" with all the mumbai slang and stuff on it.... they are freakin hilarious.

AMMD said:
Yea dude, galiyat sakhli... is an alltime great.... Ghati marathi rocks, I can do a really good Ghati accent at that, Give me a dhoti a wifebeater (ganji) and one of those ST driver hats and im all set.

Good to hear from you nonetheless. What are you doing your research in? How is the MCAT studying going?

BTW speaking of Mumbai, one of my cousins just sent me these "Tantra T-shirts" with all the mumbai slang and stuff on it.... they are freakin hilarious.

damn, i want that t shirt too. it d be soo cool to wear it in college.... i ll tell you about my research later..not here, the atmosphere will get too serious :p
MCAT, theres a while before I take it...... so not yet.....BOMBAYYYYYYYY meri jaan whatver dude, there's not a single day I wont miss bombay *sigh* I run away as soon as i m all set over here..for like three months and then return back :)

shivalrous said:
I wish I could believe you were naive and innocent. :laugh:

Rekha is like an aged wine....wait here's an analogy you'll know for sure, aged basmati :love: -- she ages so well.

And can't knock her acting. She's gorgeous.

yeapp, she is gorgeous, i was just meesing arnd with you.:p
and yes dont make people believe I am not innocent,because I am, you know that ;) :laugh:

priyanka said:
damn, i want that t shirt too. it d be soo cool to wear it in college.... i ll tell you about my research later..not here, the atmosphere will get too serious :p
MCAT, theres a while before I take it...... so not yet.....BOMBAYYYYYYYY meri jaan whatver dude, there's not a single day I wont miss bombay *sigh* I run away as soon as i m all set over here..for like three months and then return back :)

So where are you moving to? Within Cali or elsewhere? also I thought you were taking the MCAt this year no? or is it next? anyways have you started studying for it?

nay adi, taking a year off after undergrad so that I can complete the stupid history and Bull**** requirements for my college :sleep:. yes I take MCAT next year *sigh*. I know I had been asking a lot of qns around and got some real good advice from you :thumbup: . It just seems to be way in advance because I like to be mentally prepared for a long time, rather than getting caught off guard, I have it all figured out now...I know what a nerd I am huh. but believe me , its lke that for everything else I do :laugh: Ok lets not go there!

allergic2morons said:

i hate that guy. :mad:

priyanka said:
you like the song..... galyat lagli gala and something something, gosh I dont get that gavthi marathi, the new version of it was hot, uh that was pretty random eh....hah :p

i guess u mean to say "dhagala laagli Kala- remix" guys here like to play it all the time. i dont know what does it mean, (i've learned too little marathi in my three in yrs in mumbai :oops: ) but it was rage during dahi handi.

*TRINITY* said:
i guess u mean to say "dhagala laagli Kala- remix" guys here like to play it all the time. i dont know what does it mean, (i've learned too little marathi in my three in yrs in mumbai :oops: ) but it was rage during dahi handi.

Yes "dhaga la lagli kala, pani thim thim gala" is another ghati classic. :thumbup:

AMMD said:
Kai zhaala?..... Bal radat hota....... Ek koolya var chapat de sagla bandh hoiyl :laugh:

Well i would love to do that job! ;)

BTW how come u know that ad? :wow:

allergic2morons said:
:( yeah poor chap. but i feel more sorry for Kimi. I now only hope alonso crashes out in interlagos. :smuggrin:

i thought u like everything Spanish! :p

AMMD said:
I have never seen a guy with so many "radas" in his basic "fundas" of batting.

Dude, u seem quite fluent in mumbai lingo, using words like BMR (basic mein raada) and fundas

shardul said:
Dude, u seem quite fluent in mumbai lingo, using words like BMR (basic mein raada) and fundas

Believe me ma man, despite what my birth certificate and passport say, I am a mumbaikar at heart.... hell im wearing a T shirt right now that says.... Im running in central park thinking about Shivaji park.

My parents made sure I spent a lot of time in Mumbai during vaccations and stuff; also my grand parents live in Mumbai and I am extremely fond of them so Mumbai has imprinted itself on me as well.

Like I said unfortunately it is so expensive to get there these days and time is so limited for me that I can only visit india once in 5-6 years which sucks.

shardul said:
Well i would love to do that job! ;)

BTW how come u know that ad? :wow:

Oh that commercial was a classic. I dont know why but I remember stuff like that.

Ok to come back to the main topic.... Indian cricket. Now that they have pulverized the mighty zimbabwe B team, I hope they dont stay on some 'high' of resting on their laurels.

Unfortunately Indian cricket seems to be regressing into the bad ol' days of cliques and politics. There is supposedly already a rift between Chappell and Dada. I hope Chppell has free reign in doing what he wants. As far as I am concerned Gangs should be laid to pasture. There are many young guys waiting to get a chance and it is time to give it to them. The pakistan and England series' are around the corner and it is time for the team to get down to business. As a New Yorker, I am totally for a baseballesque system where the coach/manager run the entire team and the captain merely is the coaches representitive on the field in terms of implementing the tactics and getting the job done. I still say Anil Kumble is the best captain we never had

I am happy that Pathan and Zaheer are bowling well. I just hope they keep it up. I have never really seen this kid Pathan play, but I hear he can really swing the ball a lot. Hopefully one day Pathan will be as good as the great Wasim Akram. The good thing is both pakistani and England batters are succiptible to the moving ball.
Harbhajan needs to take more wickets. If he cant, they should pick Ramesh Powar for the ODI team. I hear he is a decent off spinner who can bat well too.

*TRINITY* said:

yep...that one haha. I think it was a dahi handi rage song just coz of the wetness of water, etc they show in the music video. iono.

Ok guys, what do you think is going to happen in the upcoming Sri lanka series? I heard Dravid is going to be the captain, which is a good thing considering the fool Ganguly made out of himself bringing his beef with Chappell into the media :rolleyes:

Anywyas, I also see that they have picked up a lot of new faces for the ODI team, which I also think is a good sign.

Nonetheless, i was hoping to get some other inputs

Who watched the first ODI between India and SL? These bastard cable network people here in the US charge an arm and a leg to watch these matches and unfortunately, I am too poor to afford it.... give me some input.... how was Tendlya's return? Was his stroke play very natural, like his old self? I also saw that Pathan made a big score, how did he bat? I have seen some clips of him batting and this lad hits the ball very crisply, I wont be surprised if he becomes a genuine allrounder. Dravid finally has been made captain and I am so happy, he also scored really well... and would appriciate any input.
Lastly, how is this new lad Sreesanth? He may have been tonked around by Jayasurya and Sangakarra initially, but you think he has a future in the team? Can he swing the ball in the air, get movement off the pitch and bowl with genuine pace?
I hope someone saw the match and can put up responses.

AMMD said:
Who watched the first ODI between India and SL? These bastard cable network people here in the US charge an arm and a leg to watch these matches and unfortunately, I am too poor to afford it.... give me some input.... how was Tendlya's return? Was his stroke play very natural, like his old self? I also saw that Pathan made a big score, how did he bat? I have seen some clips of him batting and this lad hits the ball very crisply, I wont be surprised if he becomes a genuine allrounder. Dravid finally has been made captain and I am so happy, he also scored really well... and would appriciate any input.
Lastly, how is this new lad Sreesanth? He may have been tonked around by Jayasurya and Sangakarra initially, but you think he has a future in the team? Can he swing the ball in the air, get movement off the pitch and bowl with genuine pace?
I hope someone saw the match and can put up responses.
I have never watched a full cricket match in my life (apart from the Lagaan match), and the only times I ever do get to watch it is when it's been pre-recorded and played on ATN (asian television network). I got to see the India vs. Pakistan series, albeit about 20 minutes of it, and it was pretty good.

sunny123 said:
I have never watched a full cricket match in my life (apart from the Lagaan match), and the only times I ever do get to watch it is when it's been pre-recorded and played on ATN (asian television network). I got to see the India vs. Pakistan series, albeit about 20 minutes of it, and it was pretty good.

You are a girl aren't you..... you have to be, no indian guy would say such things :D

BTW, I am so happy that Tendulkar has made an awesome recovery and is playing well.... the maharashtran in me has come alive again i tell you

AMMD said:
You are a girl aren't you..... you have to be, no indian guy would say such things :D
Dude, that's what north american born confused desis are like (not girls, but don't watch cricket). We leave the cricket watching to some uncle, cause they actually care.

AMMD said:
BTW, I am so happy that Tendulkar has made an awesome recovery and is playing well.... the maharashtran in me has come alive again i tell you
Flipping deceptocon! :mad:

Ok, so heres the update. We are up 5-1 in a 7match ODI series. Things are lookin great for the team. After the whole Ganguly debacle the team has finally settled down. The Dravid-Chappell combo seems to be working great. A lot of new kids are getting a shot and they are doing really well. I just hope they do well in the test series as well.

AMMD said:
Ok, so heres the update. We are up 5-1 in a 7match ODI series. Things are lookin great for the team.

well this was bound to happen once Ganguly was kicked out of team!

AMMD said:
Ok, so heres the update. We are up 5-1 in a 7match ODI series. Things are lookin great for the team. After the whole Ganguly debacle the team has finally settled down. The Dravid-Chappell combo seems to be working great. A lot of new kids are getting a shot and they are doing really well. I just hope they do well in the test series as well.
Dave Chapelle went desi huh? :laugh:

AMMD said:

hey I watched the first ODI of the series at VCA Ground, Nagpur. I really enjoyed a cricket match after so many days, perhaps bcoz I was too tired of studies. but u know the atmosphere at the stadium was so electric.....absolutely fantastic. and everyone was looking forward to Rahul Dravid but i was absolutely delighted to watch Sachin back to his form of good old days. what a way to start off to vacations!

well its all over now, i'm back to work! :( university exams r around the corner.

The SL series was great, but Im sorry that we lost the first ODI match against SA. There was a total collapse of the batting order. And the bowling was nothing to rave about.

The only good new is that Yuvraj singh scored a century and that Rudra Pratab and Harbhajan Singh bowled well....

I just hope we get our act togehter for the rest of the series and will all the remaining games.