Is a Postbacc necessary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

danielthemaniel

Overthinking
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
If after 2 years one’s GPA isn’t great but they still have 2-2.5 years of UG left taking upper level sciences, would they still need a postbacc if they get 4.0’s the rest of the way through? Assuming the final sGPA is around 3.4 or thereabouts

Members don't see this ad.

Not if you get a 4.0 the rest of the time and have a ~3.3 or better imo. Most schools will look more at your trend and note the improvement.

What's your plan to stop doing poorly in classes though? A 4.0 doesn't come overnight because you want it to. If you were just going through hard times that's one thing, but if you don't have any issues and were just messing around, you need to figure out your study skills and get yourself together over the summer.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How have you done over the past year? You had posted about a tough stretch you had a while back.
Took a semester off then just finished this past semester not good, have to retake a couple prereqs. I feel terrible about it and was hesitant to even post about it because I’m ashamed. I fell into my old habits of not sleeping enough, not eating right, and cramming for exams. To top it all off my doc gave me a PHQ-9 test and I scored 22 for severe depression. I’m going to try to change some things by going to summer classes that teach how to study and treat my body with more care but I guess I’m just asking for hope. Sorry for rambling I’m just lost in the dark right now