Is 3.4 sgpa detrimental for northeast DO schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scienceolympian

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just attended an information session at one of my top choices and they said even with my 503 MCAT (125 every section except CARS with 128) and 3.56 overall gpa and 3.4 sgpa I probably won't be invited to an interview. I am completing an SMP and they said if I did well I could potentially get an interview invite in January. Is this the trend for most schools or am I just overreacting? I have had two interviews, just waiting to hear back but now I'm psyching myself out and thinking I won't get in anywhere.

Members don't see this ad.

Just attended an information session at one of my top choices and they said even with my 503 MCAT (125 every section except CARS with 128) and 3.56 overall gpa and 3.4 sgpa I probably won't be invited to an interview. I am completing an SMP and they said if I did well I could potentially get an interview invite in January. Is this the trend for most schools or am I just overreacting? I have had two interviews, just waiting to hear back but now I'm psyching myself out and thinking I won't get in anywhere.
You're fine for PCOM, LECOM and UNECOM...Touro-NY might be a bit more competitive.

Reactions: 2 users
You're fine for PCOM, LECOM and UNECOM...Touro-NY might be a bit more competitive.
Ok thank you! PCOM and UNECOM are my top choices so this is giving me a little hope :)

Reactions: 1 user