Is 10 a good amount of post-baccs to apply to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1080778

I have a list of ten schools ranked from least to most likely, I'm thinking of applying to with a 3.7 undergrad GPA. I have a few pre-reqs under my belt (Biology, Chemistry, Calculus, Statistics) but I'd mostly be relying on the program to fulfill the needed pre-reqs for medical school. I'd prefer a California post-bacc but I'm not opposed to somewhere else. I'm just wondering is this enough? This seems like I'm covering my bases, no?

UC Berkeley
USC
UC Irvine
Mills College
University of Hawaii
Florida State University
UCLA Extension
Cal State Fullerton
Cal State LA
Cal State San Marcos

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to the same amount of schools, if not more. I figured there's not much to lose except for money.

I’m admittedly not very familiar with west coast programs, but I wouldn’t be surprised if a program like Berkeley’s, though well regarded, isn’t necessarily difficult to get into. From what I’ve read, it seems similar to postbac/extension programs at Harvard or Penn in that way. Your GPA seems good, and you already have a number of prereqs, so it might make sense to apply to schools local to your preferred geographic area and fill in courses wherever that may be.