Irrelevant question about shoes but hoping someone has experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lost in Translation

単純な馬鹿でありたい。
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can’t fit in Danskos.

Are there any OR shoes that are comfortable for standing that have a steel or at least reinforced hard toe? I keep running over my feet in my Nikes, and I can’t imagine the Hokas would be much more protective.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
What is running over your feet in the OR? The C-arm? Back table?

New balance makes a 627 with a steel toe. Otherwise, Reebok, Carhart, Skechers make a steel-toe sneaker (I generally regard those brands as crap save for new balance....occasionally). Looks like Keen produces one as well.

Unfortunately in this department, you'll be trading comfort for functionality. You could also take a shoe to a shoe cobbler and see if they can make modifications to the toe.

Ortho guy I used to work with wore cowboy boots to the OR, but he was different.

Honestly, I'd take a look more at why you're getting your feet run over so frequently. Really haven't heard it as a common complaint is all.

Last edited:
Merrell Mocs are where it’s at for OR shoe comfort and easy cleaning. Not steel tipped but pretty firm toe area, been hit a few times by OR beds etc and had no issues.