Ireland-Personal Statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EosDoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any special hints on specific things that the Irish admissions committee may be looking for in the statement of interest?

Anything would be helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

why you want to study medicine in ireland, what you would bring to the program and how you would contribute to the enrichment of your classmates as you all progress through the program.

actually, i am using the same PS I am using for American schools. I changed it around and added a few sentences here and there about why Ireland.

Do you think this will be ok? I don't know how I would be able to write 1-2 pages on why I would like to come to Ireland...

you don't have to write 1-2 pages on why you want to go to ireland. many of the things are the same as you'd use at home; why do you want to be a doctor etc. but you definitely should mention/discuss why you want to go to ireland, and what you feel you could offer to the irish programs and your classmates ie how YOU being there would enrich the program (remember atlantic bridge is ultimately a cultural enrichment program getting north americans to study med and vet med in ireland)