Ireland Dental Schools 2013 Applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Murk2013

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I just finished my bachelors degree. Im looking into applying for dental school in Ireland for the 2013-2014 cycle.

Does anyone have any information on Irish dental schools?

Is anyone else also applying for 2013?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey

Im from Canada and I applied to all 3 dental schools in Ireland.

Members don't see this ad :)
Saw this article linked from the Atlantic Bridge site about a mutual agreement between Canada and Ireland recognizing training between the two.

http://www.dentalcouncil.ie/mutual_recognition.php

Great news for present and future Irish dental students in Ireland!

This is excellent news! Although this bit is somewhat of a letdown: "There are twelve dental programmes covered under this agreement, ten in Canada and two in Ireland and students who graduate from these programmes after 5 December 2012 can benefit from its provisions."

I have a good friend who finished up at TCD for dentistry in the '90s but it looks like she will not fall under this agreement per the date restriction above. Still, this is a step in the right direction!

:luck:

Hi all,

I am also Canadian and have applied to UCC and TCD dental.

Has anyone heard from either school yet in regards to offers regrets?

Thank you.

Hey All,

I'm a current 3rd year dental student at UCC from the US. If you have any questions about the program, living in Cork or Ireland etc., feel free to private message me. :)

Hi all,

I am also Canadian and have applied to UCC and TCD dental.

Has anyone heard from either school yet in regards to offers regrets?

Thank you.
I'm a Canadian student and I've applied to three Dental schools through the Atlantic Bridge Program: Trinity, Queens and Cork College. So far I've been accepted at Queens University but haven't heard back from either Trinity or Cork. I'm not sure if that means I've been wait-listed or not...

For those of you applying, what are your stats? I'm am american thinking about dentistry in ireland... would I be able to practice in canada afterwards?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Graduated with: BSc in Biology
GPA: 3.65/4.3
Applied to: Cork, Trinity and Queens
Accepted at: Queens

As a Canadian, I know the degrees from Cork and Trinity are accredited and I would be able to practice when I come home. I'm not sure about the U.S but I would imagine it would be the same.

Graduated with: BSc in Biology
GPA: 3.65/4.3
Applied to: Cork, Trinity and Queens
Accepted at: Queens

As a Canadian, I know the degrees from Cork and Trinity are accredited and I would be able to practice when I come home. I'm not sure about the U.S but I would imagine it would be the same.

Did you get into Queen's in Canada or in the UK?

Hey! Everyone I got my acceptance to TCD dental school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratz Vancity!! When did you hear from them? Did ABP email you?

I got the email from ABP yesterday... and TCD had dated it for July 2

Hi everyone,

Fellow Canadian here, accepted for the BDS program at UCC for 2013/2014. Anyone else headed to Cork in September?

Has anyone else heard from Ireland dental schools or ABP recently?

Can anyone who got into an Ireland dental school posts their stats?

I applied to TCD and UCC for the 2014 application cycle through the Atlantic Bridge Program. Anyone else apply?

^Did you apply in November or January? Do you know how many spots there are this year, and when we will hear back? Thanks.

On the ABP application, it says that we will receive offers/regrets in March/April, and if you don't hear anything by then, then you are on a waitlist. However, a multitude of people on this forum received offers later than that time last year. So when do we actually hear back from them? Thanks.

Any updates on Dental School correspondences from UCC or TCD?

On Friday I was told they expect to hear from them early April. Any news yet?

Sounds good, let me know if you hear anything back from them. Hoping they send out first rounds this week.

Ok cool. Did they mention if it was from all the schools?
Thanks

did he mention if it was by email or fedex package or both? and has anyone recieved anything

Haven't gotten anything yet. Maybe later this week?
Also, does anyone know if once they send out the first wave of offers if they will continue to send them throughout the month? Or do they only continue to send out offers as people decline?
Previously they had explained to me that offers will be sent out until the end of April at which time, if no acceptance or rejection has been received by a candidate they are wait-listed.

ABP told me TCD sent first round offers and UCC have yet to make their first round offers! Do any of you know if TCD gives a second round?

Hey guys!

Canadian here, got my acceptance to TCD yesterday by mail via fedex extremely urgent. PM or reply if you have any questions or if youre going to be in my class!!!!

@apollogodofsun congrats! thats exciting. Do you mind posting your stats?
@dent1357 well in the email ABP sent me it says "UCC has yet to make first-round decisions". Strange that we got different responses

Hey @mars123101 thank you

Applied with my Bach of science 3.3/4.0
I'm 25, 24 at the time of application
Lots of experiences and EC activities like army sports retail teaching social work and administrative work
Also have good references from program directors in med/dent

Good luck, The deadline to accept offer is April 16th which is too early so there must be a 2nd round.
Cheers

Anyone know if first-round offers will still be coming in? Thanks.

I applied to UCC GEP, still waiting to hear back.
GPA: 3.80/4.3

They have made their first round of offers. The second round should begin once the deadline to accept first round offers passes which according to ABP is "fast approaching"

Yes they have. I got my acceptance letter on Tuesday. Fortunately for you guys I don't have a qualified cosigner for a line of credit so I won't be going.

Harkonnen, did UCC send their acceptance via FedEx?

It was by FedEx, I didn't get any emails before or after getting the package. The deadline for accepting is April 22nd.

Harkonnen, did UCC send their acceptance via FedEx?

Has anyone heard from Queen's University (Belfast)?

Hi! I received an email from Queen's University (Belfast) for a web interview on Thursday. The deadline for the interview is on Tuesday April 22.

Has anyone spoken with ABP or heard anything from UCD or TCD recently? I was wondering if there has been any updates on 2nd round offers.

Thanks

I recently emailed ABP and this is what they said "first round of offers have been sent, we do not have a date for when the next round will be available."

Just out of curiosity is the UCC 4-year program going ahead for next year for definite? We've heard nothing about it and quite frankly I really wonder where they're going to put everyone if it does materialize.

Just received my acceptance from Queen's University of Belfast for Dentistry.

Is dentistry admissions as competitive as medicine admissions?

Hey guys!

Has anyone spoken with ABP or heard anything from UCC or TCD recently?

Still on the wait list for both... getting anxious!

Thanks

Hi everyone!! Canadian student here, been accepted to UCC dentistry for September 2014 back in April! Anyone else?! Message me so we can get acquainted! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone!! Canadian student here, been accepted to UCC dentistry for September 2014 back in April! Anyone else?! Message me so we can get acquainted! :)

Hey @dentordie, congrats on your acceptance! Still waiting to hear back and fingers are crossed I will be joining you in September. Do you mind posting your info and stats?

Just curious...has anyone actually received a rejection letter for the September 2014 intake? Still anxiously waiting to hear back about my status!