Ireland 2005

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EosDoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've been reading all the ireland posts and there have been some great ones! I am applying for med school in ireland Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

i am also applying to ireland for next fall

I'm thinking of applying to Trinity.

Members don't see this ad :)
i'll also be applying.

I am looking through the application for Irish schools right now. Thinking of applying but my wife (American) and I (Canadian) are wondering if she would be allowed to work over there while I went to school. This is a big factor.

She would have to check with specific agencies before she left. A lot of people bring their spouses to Ireland, but be prepared to be jobless for a little while while she finds a firm/company which will sponsor her work visa. You are allowed to work here, but getting a work visa can be a little tricky, as companies have to pay a certain fee for each non-EU citizen they hire. But there are quite a few Americans working over here, and if she happens to be in a health field, it'll be easier (although in that case she will have to have the proper qualifications).