Iowa Interview Invites!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rowerpharm

P1
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard back from the University of Iowa today, so those of us who have been waiting for them... they have started their process!

I thought I would let everyone know, because I know we are always curious what is going on during the application process.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

I heard from Iowa today!!!!! I got invited for an interview.:):):)

Members don't see this ad :)
Me too! I'm so excited, GO Hawkeyes!!

Was it through email, snail mail, or phone?

Was it through email, snail mail, or phone?

The interview invite was sent via e-mail. Once you receive it, you have to return a reply e-mail ranking your preference of interview dates. Then, they will send another e-mail confirming the actual date of your interview.

The interview invite was sent via e-mail. Once you receive it, you have to return a reply e-mail ranking your preference of interview dates. Then, they will send another e-mail confirming the actual date of your interview.

oh ok. Thanks!

i haven't heard back yet:( i'm soooooo nervous! Good luck everyone!=)

My interview is Feb 7th, afternoon session

I haven't heard from them yet. :(

for those of you with an interview...what were your gpa and PCAT scores??? just wondering=)

I got my interview invite a few days ago. :D When is everyone doing their interviews? Does anyone think that there are any advantages to doing the interview on the early date as opposed to the later ones?

I was sitting on a 83 for the PCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm doing the afternoon interview on Feb 7th. I'm not a morning person and I'd like to get it done as soon as possible! Good luck to everyone!

I will be there for the morning interview on the 7th.

Anyone else?

So everyone on here got invited for February 7th? From what I heard last year, there were at least 2 dates. So, I'm hoping those who haven't gotten invited yet (including myself :oops:) will get invited for the second date. :xf::luck:

Congrats to those who have gotten invites so far! :)

There were 3 dates you could choose from...i'm going the afternoon on the 28th

ooooh my i'm really nervous i'm not going to get an invite now...seems like everyone else has:oops:...i have a 68 PCAT and a 3.8 gpa...but maybe not good enough=(((( good luck everyone!

ooooh my i'm really nervous i'm not going to get an invite now...seems like everyone else has:oops:...i have a 68 PCAT and a 3.8 gpa...but maybe not good enough=(((( good luck everyone!

I wouldn't worry too much yet. I'm sure they have more than three interview dates. All of the dates listed in this e-mail were for the month of February, so perhaps they will mail out another round of invites for March interview dates.

How many dates did they offer last year?

INTERVIEWS
Personal interviews will be required of all candidates. You will be contacted regarding your selection for this process in January or February 2009. The interviews will be held in February 2009 and March 2009.

Guess there's only two months of interviews.

Thanks for the info, ziptree. At least there is hope for March interview dates for those who haven't gotten invited yet. :luck::xf:

I already knew they interview dates are offered Feb and March, I've been on the college website. I didn't know from anyone offered an interview if they could tell me the specific dates.

I already knew they interview dates are offered Feb and March, I've been on the college website. I didn't know from anyone offered an interview if they could tell me the specific dates.

the dates offered were the 3 saturdays in february..with none on the 14th.

my interview with UI is feb 7th (afternoon) :)

if any one is curious about their timeline, iowa received my pharmcas 12/23, i got an interview invite on 1/7, and they have three interview dates in february that are all on saturdays, each with an AM/PM session.

congrats everyone with an interview=) i was just wondering those of you with an interview invite if you could post your stats??? i turned all of my iowa stuff in soooo early and i haven't heard anything back yet so i am getting sooooo nervous:scared: just kinda want to see if i even stand a chance to get an interview...thanks everyone!:) Best of luck

I have a higher PCAT score than you, by 10-15 points (don't want to be exact on here), but my GPA is slightly lower. I think Iowa looks for well-rounded people with good ECs and pharmacy experience. Also, I'm in-state, judging by your name, I'm guessing that you might be too? That should help you out as well. Don't give up hope yet...

congrats everyone with an interview=) i was just wondering those of you with an interview invite if you could post your stats??? i turned all of my iowa stuff in soooo early and i haven't heard anything back yet so i am getting sooooo nervous:scared: just kinda want to see if i even stand a chance to get an interview...thanks everyone!:) Best of luck

I applied so early too! I submitted my PharmCAS way back in July and supplemental a couple of months later (I think it's in Sept, forgot...it's been a while). I still haven't heard from them, so hopefully we will hear from them for the second batch of invites for March. :xf::luck:

cinnamoroll, there are no interviews in march, they're all in February, the 7th, 21st, and 28th.

So far, has everyone getting interviews been all for the 7th??

cinnamoroll, there are no interviews in march, they're all in February, the 7th, 21st, and 28th.

Did you call them about the dates? Gmuskie had a choice of three dates to choose from, so that is it I guess. Unless, if someone decides to decline their invites in the very last minute.

The invites sent out so far are all for February. We were given a list of the 3 dates, with morning and afternoon sessions, and told to rank them by which session we wanted to or were able to attend. So all of the people who have received invites so far are going on February 7th, 21st, or 28th. However, Iowa is having a round of interviews in February and another round in March. Therefore, I'm guessing they will send out a similar e-mail in February providing a list of three dates for people to attend in March.

I am still waiting too...oh so nervous!

I don't think there are any interviews in march this year, all in February. I have a couple of friends who are pharmacy students there now, and they were asked to help do the interviews this year. They were only given the 3 dates in Feb. Last year, there were only 3 days as well.

well, I spoke with someone from Iowa and they told me that they would be sending out more interview invitations, they thought within the next few weeks. Therefore, I do believe they will be having interviews in March as well...

I got my interview invite today=)))) so excited:D but sooo nervous! is anyone else interviewing on Feb 28 in the afternoon???

I got my interview invite on the 29th also, I'm interviewing Feb 28th am

my interview with UI is feb 7th (afternoon) :)

if any one is curious about their timeline, iowa received my pharmcas 12/23, i got an interview invite on 1/7, and they have three interview dates in february that are all on saturdays, each with an AM/PM session.

Justdance....I will be there tomorrow in the afternoon.

I know there has been some confusion as to whether or not there will be interviews in March. I interviewed yesterday and they stated that they are only interviewing this month and are interviewing a total of 300 applicants.

I'm sure there is a preference for in-state students, but according to pharmcas, 33/110 accepted are from out of state. So out of the 300 applicants, I wonder how many are out-of-state? Does anyone have an idea of a range?

Last edited:
Although the entering class is 110, they actually accepted 165 last year. So the amount of students from out of state that were accepted may actually be higher than the actual entering class.

I know there has been some confusion as to whether or not there will be interviews in March. I interviewed yesterday and they stated that they are only interviewing this month and are interviewing a total of 300 applicants.

Like LostTexan said, they are only interviewing the 3 days in Feb. I'm a P2 at Iowa and for some reason they are not offering March dates this year. It has been consistent with other years though in that they only interview on 3 days. Good luck to everyone! Hope you like the school! Let me know if you have any questions.

Are they still sending out invites for Feb? Or is that pretty much it.....?

Are they still sending out invites for Feb? Or is that pretty much it.....?

I don't think they are sending more invites but you may want to call the admissions office to confirm.

My invitation was for an interview on February 28th. I'm still trying to find plane tickets from New York or DC airports. Could some people share their experiences with booking flights to Iowa? Along with any tips or handy info? :p This is going to be my first time traveling beyond the East coast. I'm really nervous about it. :scared:

I just received an interview invite today! I opted for the Feb 21st afternoon session. See you there!:zip:

those of u who already had an interview, what kinds of questions were they asking this year?