Investments in cryptocurrency? thoughts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I find the lack of people posting about Bitcoin compared to a few months ago to be amusing. I suppose it has nothing to do with the value of BTC dropping under $7,000.

This is what happens in bear markets. No surprise there. If this was a “let’s talk about the tech of bitcoin” post, it would be a different story.

Members don't see this ad.

I find the lack of people posting about Bitcoin compared to a few months ago to be amusing. I suppose it has nothing to do with the value of BTC dropping under $7,000.
I met a guy who invested in BTC in the 100's range and sold a bunch at 12k. Then re-bought at 15k... Not with his whole earnings from before, but I couldn't help but think that things were plateauing around there already.

It could be, but I doubt CNX will be around. Your goal should be taking your profits and either cashing out into USD or buying more BTC with it. Make sure you don’t end up in the red
Dude how could you still be advocating this coin, your a fanclub not an investor. Bitcoin is going down, its obvious.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Lets just get this straight. Putting money into bitcoin is not investing, it is speculating. I have never said otherwise (I have simply said that I think it's worth the speculation). Also let me borrow that crystal ball of yours that predicts the future, would be nice to have for just a few days.

Lets just get this straight. Putting money into bitcoin is not investing, it is speculating. I have never said otherwise (I have simply said that I think it's worth the speculation). Also let me borrow that crystal ball of yours that predicts the future, would be nice to have for just a few days.

Thanks for the advice. Do you have any suggestions on other kinds of investments? I'd be curious to hear about it. I don't understand much about investing. Bitcoin definitely seems to go way over my head.

Thanks for the advice. Do you have any suggestions on other kinds of investments? I'd be curious to hear about it. I don't understand much about investing. Bitcoin definitely seems to go way over my head.

Read the bogleheads guide to investing. Stick with long term index funds.

Reactions: 1 user

you still holding on to that speculative position?

Don't do it!!! Too much speculation and little firm evidence of reward. This is not internet in 90's folks. It's a bubble with on happy ending.

Do your own homework, as it is up to you what your risk tolerance is. I've had very good results in this space, and would say I have a long-term goal that is achievable even in this bear market. Remember its just another asset class.

Remember its just another asset class.

What is the asset? Is it a currency? If so, currency trading is nothing like other more traditional assets.

IMHO crypto "investing" is pure gambling. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

Reactions: 2 users