Interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nor2themax

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My apps were complete on 10/1 to all my schools. I got interviews to SIU(10/28) to U of Kentucky(12/8). I havent heard from 13 schools. Am I way late?? Am I at a disadvantage? You people all interviewed in September!! When can I expect to hear from the other schools. Thanks so much for the help.

Heres where I applied....
Medical College of WI, Vanderbilt, Albany, Loyola, Pritzker, Louisville, KY, SIU, Drexel, Temple, Pittsburgh, Rush, SLU, BU, Tufts

All replies appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by Nor2themax
My apps were complete on 10/1 to all my schools. I got interviews to SIU(10/28) to U of Kentucky(12/8). I havent heard from 13 schools. Am I way late?? Am I at a disadvantage? You people all interviewed in September!! When can I expect to hear from the other schools. Thanks so much for the help.

Medical College of WI, Vanderbilt, Albany, Loyola, Pritzker, Louisville, KY, SIU, Drexel, Temple, Pittsburgh, Rush, SLU, BU, Tufts

All replies appreciated

10/1 is about when things start getting backed up. Delays have more to do with processing time than with your application persay, dont worry about it, still plenty of time-- they just need to get to your app within the stack they already have.

First piece of advice: don't let SDN give you misconceptions about normality :) 35 is not a poor MCAT and 3.9 is not a bad GPA, despite what you might hear here. Lots of people here interviewed early, but interviews run from Sept - February(ish) for a reason.
Hang in there. It can take from a few weeks to a few months after you're complete to get an interview. For me, I was sweating it until last week, then I got 3 invites all in a row, and many of my schools were complete at the end of August.
You haven't been complete that long. Give it a couple of weeks then start following up and making sure your file is complete, checking on your status, etc.

Good luck!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Nor2themax

I wouldn't worry yet since it's only been about 2 weeks. But for the record, the schools on your list that gave me invites quickly were Pitt and Drexel. The slower ones (I've been complete for over a month and still haven't heard from them) were BU and Tufts. Good luck!

i just got an invite from Tufts...my file was complete in early september...good luck!

i just got an invite from Tufts...my file was complete in early september...good luck!

Alright! Congrats and good luck!

Originally posted by docquaker

I just got an invite from BU yesterday, and my app was complete at the end of august. I guess they're a teeny bit slow.