Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ive now heard back from 3 of the 4 schools I have applied to (SCO, ICO, and PCO)... anybody heard anything from NECO? I really want to go there for an interview but I can only make travel arrangements for three of them

Members don't see this ad.

Neco is being really really slow apparently. I don't think anyone on this board has even heard from them regarding a supplemental app? I know that the questions were on OptomCAS but there should be at least another fee involved or some kind of communication. I want to hear from them too, I have gotten supplementaries and heard from all my others.

Just got an invite from Midwestern... yay! But, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to Optometry school anymore. Med School 2013 or BUST! Whooo!

Members don't see this ad :)
You mean applying for the 2013 cycle? It came off sounding like graduatng in 13 lol. Why would you change your mind now? What kind of md would you want to be?

like I said im only going to 3 of them and I know im going to ICO and SCO and i really want to go to NECO so I actually didnt schedule a date yet. I need to anyways but thats definitely my fourth choice for a school so idk if I want to spend the money to go there if I get in at any of the others

My application was submitted about a week ago to 6 schools and so far I've got interview invites from PCO and Midwestern. I haven't heard from the other 4 yet.

Playing the waiting game is awful :( I'm waiting to hear from SCCO, Ohio state, NECO, and nova. I don't know of anyone on here who haw heard from any of these guys yet, correct me if I'm wrong?

Playing the waiting game is awful :( I'm waiting to hear from SCCO, Ohio state, NECO, and nova. I don't know of anyone on here who haw heard from any of these guys yet, correct me if I'm wrong?

I have heard from Ohio State, but not SCCO :S and that's one of the two schools I really want to go to :( waiting is not fun

I think 1 person on sdn heard from neco?

I heard from nova about a week ago.

Interviewed at SCO 9/9. I was told we were the first group of interviewers. Hopefully that bodes well for me. SCO is my first choice =D

Received interview invites from SCO and ICO so far. My first and second choice, respectively.

9/15 - received interview invite from SUNY
9/19 - received interview invite from IUSO

Last edited:
is anyone interviewing at IU? i got an invite but i cant figure out if there is a one-on-one interview or not. they have told me two different things.

and icandy, when are you going to ICO? Im going october 3rd!

Members don't see this ad :)
is anyone interviewing at IU? i got an invite but i cant figure out if there is a one-on-one interview or not. they have told me two different things.

and icandy, when are you going to ICO? Im going october 3rd!
Ahh I'm going to ICO on the 23rd! Very excited :)

@ Optogirl89

I'm interviewing October 10th. Very excited! :)

i got an invite to interview at SCCO yesterday. yay! anyone else going on oct 1st?

So far I have gotten interviews from PCO and SUNY, still waiting on NECO, but it seems like most people are

When did you submit your apps? I feel like nobody has heard from them yet, you might be the first!

my app was sent on 7/28 and scco prompted me to pay the app fee on 8/11 and then they invited me to interview yesterday! im so excited, they are my #1 choice, now hopefully I can do well in the interview, so scary!!

my app was sent on 7/28 and scco prompted me to pay the app fee on 8/11 and then they invited me to interview yesterday! im so excited, they are my #1 choice, now hopefully I can do well in the interview, so scary!!

Ok, I feel better now. I didn't submit until 8/21 and I got the supplemental payment thing on 8/30. Im nervous to hear from them since I'm east coast. Do they give you good lead time to pick a date?

Ahhh that's the exact same day mine was submitted on, and the same day they asked me to pay! hope I hear from them soon :S

Update: SCO called me today and offered me a seat. =}

Ok, I feel better now. I didn't submit until 8/21 and I got the supplemental payment thing on 8/30. Im nervous to hear from them since I'm east coast. Do they give you good lead time to pick a date?

they just said that the date is oct 1st and to call and choose a time. so like 2 weeks and 3 days notice. Good luck, that makes it much more stressful when you have to travel! I am from the area so if you have any questions feel free to PM me and I can try and help!

they just said that the date is oct 1st and to call and choose a time. so like 2 weeks and 3 days notice. Good luck, that makes it much more stressful when you have to travel! I am from the area so if you have any questions feel free to PM me and I can try and help!

Ah just got mine too today! :) but I don't think I can go October 1... and they have no other dates set yet. that is a little odd, but hopefully they will have more soon!

Interviews on a Saturday? That seems weird.

I went last year and there is no one-on-one interview. It was more of a group meeting where you meet all the faculty. The day was the easy and I didn't have to go back for anything either.

Hoosierdoc, would you mind elaborating on the interview? Is there still ample time to meet faculty/have them remember your name etc? I was just wondering how they will pick from the hopeful students if it is more of a group session. I also read on a forum from last year that said they are being much more selective with their candidates, so one would have a high chance of acceptance if asked to the admissions day. Did you hear this as well? Thanks for the help.

Kelsey

I'm a currently at IU, but I remember there was plenty of time to ask questions since the day starts at like 9 and was finally over like @ 3. I had some additional questions about military and stayed after and they answered all my questions that I had. Didn't feel rushed at all. Plus I was able to bring my parents along which helped out too, esp with the cost/financial aid stuff. I'm sure IU is like other schools, that they want higher GPA esp at the beginning, it's kinda like the NBA draft. so I'm sure it's a good thing to be asked to visit early on.

I applied later in the year, last year that is, thought about dental school, so I got an invite email later on after optomcas finally sent all my info out to the colleges.

stupid phone.

forgot to add. I'm sure all the faculty meets up and discussed everybody that came when I was there. I met probably a dozen faculty and staff and was asked enough questions by them it was like a sneaky no stress interview. We all had lunch at the IU Union and at our table had current students and faculty. I hope that helps.

i woke up this morning with a splitting migraine, but the silver lining is i got my interview invite from nova!!

Thanks for the reply and all of the helpful information Hoosierdoc. If you do not mind me asking one more question, did most applicants bring a guest to the day? I have heard a lot of people bringing parents etc, but my family is too far. I have been in a relationship for several years and we plan to stay together throughout school, do you think this woul be appropriate? Thanks again..just trying to prepare!

kelsey, I don't see why you shouldn't. There were quite a number of applicants that had boyfriend/girlfriend/engaged, spouses etc... on my day. I think they want you to have someone with you, as long as you want that person there.

I know from talking to some of the 4th years that they used to not a limit on the number of guests, but they changed it to two after some people brought their entire family along with them. Mom, dad, brother, sister and grandma and grandpa. I can't believe someone actually did that, but I guess it happened several times.One guy said that there was one girl that had brought 8 guests with her. I wonder if she got accepted and if she didn't', I wonder if she received a bill for lunch.

Got my acceptance call from SCO yesterday!

Received interview invites from SCO and ICO so far. My first and second choice, respectively.

9/15 - received interview invite from SUNY
9/19 - received interview invite from IUSO