Interviews

Dontae92

Senior In AIMS 2010!!!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how recruiters go about interviews that people cant make. for example. Im in California and get a interview in Wash.DC. but cant go over there. could that kill your college chances. will they interview over the phone in that case? any help would be appreciated. oh and i only asked this because Im a great student but Im really in a bad financial situation.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know how recruiters go about interviews that people cant make. for example. Im in California and get a interview in Wash.DC. but cant go over there. could that kill your college chances. will they interview over the phone in that case? any help would be appreciated. oh and i only asked this because Im a great student but Im really in a bad financial situation.

For colleges I've heard of places doing regional interviews. Such as they'll have a local alum from the school interview the student. You might be able to go to the alum's office or home and be interviewed. If this comes up you can speak to the admissions office and see.

For med schools you pretty much have to go to the school, they won't waive the interview and there aren't local interviews. It sucks and it's expensive, but that's the way it goes. Now, as long as you can make it to the city, schools do have student hosting programs where someone will let you crash on their couch for the night, but you still have to pay for travel.

I had an interview with Duke my senior year and I was in Michigan without the funds to go to NC. They just set me up with an alum and we met at the local Starbucks. It was really informal...we just talked about what I wanted to do and how my friends would describe me etc.