interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wiggy

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
When is the latest a school will offer an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Can we make this the latest interview thread for any D.O. school?

DJ

I got an offer from the D.O. school in Iowa a couple of days ago, but declined it (already accepted at COMP).

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,
Here is my story: Got into COMP in November - That's where I'm going. Got interviews at TUCOM & PCOM = Declined( end of November).
Got rejected (without interview) from CCOM yesterday bc/ I quote "my application got complited too late (early Dec)". So my assumption is that schools like CCOM are almost full and are therefore very, VERY selective right now. I guess that "maybe" some schools are offering some interviews to some people but in all honesty the chances of anybody geting interviews from now on seems in my modest opinion "kind a small".
Good luck to all of you who are still waiting for an interview. Didn't mean to sound pessimistic, just realistic.
--Nicolas--
Western U. '03

I got one of those strange "interview wait-list" letters from CCOM the other day. I think that KCOM sends them too. This supposedly means that they would interview me if there were a slot, but the class is basically full and they will interview on an as needed basis only. I think this is their way of avoiding having to compile an admissions wait-list. Probably a good method. At least it saves the applicant time and money if there is aren't really any seats available.

If you got wait-listed for an interview at CCOM, you probably will not hear from them until after the 1st week of May. That is when the final deposits for accepting a place in the fall class is due. The number of interviews they will give out, at that point, is all dependent on the number of spots are unfilled. Last year there was about 7-8 spots unfilled at that point, and they interviewed an additional 40 or so applicants to fill those spots. CCOM typically stops interviewing by the end of Feb., and they interview applicants that have completed their files by Dec. They receive about 5000 applications, interview about 10%, and accept about 2/3 of the 10%.

How do I know this? I have been accepted for CCOM'c class of 2003 (and will attend), but I went through the whole late application, interview wait-list, May interview, alternat list scenario last year. Good luck to you all. It takes persistance.

Lynn,

Congratulations on your going to CCOM. I am also going to CCOM for the class of 2003. Danny, which is also on this forum, is also going. The reason I'm writing is that we have been looking for other CCOM students on this forum. Its nice to find out who is going so that we can all keep in touch. Have you received any info on financial aid yet. Danny said he has, but I haven't and I was accepted on January 7. The other question we had was if you know when the classes begin and if we have one, when the orientation is. My email is [email protected] if you would like to write. I forgot Danny's but will get it to you.

Later,

Josh

IUHoosier and Danny,

Congrats!!! I live in Chicago and know that CCOM ranks well with all the other Chicago-based med schools. And the fact that we'll be able to rotate through the Chicago network of hospitals (which are all reputable institutions) will give us a superb clinical training.

I received my financial aid packet about a couple of weeks ago, even though I was accepted the end of November. I'd call them if you're really anxious to get it and fill it out. I don't think the deadline is until May, though. As for the orientation, it's Sept. 1st - 3rd, and the first day of class is the Tues. (Sept 7th), after Labor Day.

You can call the admissions office for all this info. They're pretty friendly and eager to help.