Interviews???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RaiderNation

Recently Reinstated
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard that some schools will grant interviews before they actually get your official transcripts and LOR's. Has this happened to any of you?

Members don't see this ad.

At Des Moines University, you can set up a campus visit anytime. However, you must apply before POSSIBLY being granted an interview (last year, only about 50% of applicants received an interview). I cannot speak for the other schools. I will say that I was actually accepted to another school without ever even visiting or interviewing at it. So school policies may differ.

I mean sending in the electronic application before sending official transcripts and LOR's. I've heard through the grapevine that some schools set up interviews after you submit your app online.

Members don't see this ad :)
RaiderNation said:
I mean sending in the electronic application before sending official transcripts and LOR's. I've heard through the grapevine that some schools set up interviews after you submit your app online.

I'm a 3rd year so my info may be a few years outdated. However, when I applied online, I received interview dates within a few days. So yes, you should receive interview dates soon after you apply. You're then expected to send your transcripts and LOR's in before the interview.

jonwill said:
I'm a 3rd year so my info may be a few years outdated. However, when I applied online, I received interview dates within a few days. So yes, you should receive interview dates soon after you apply. You're then expected to send your transcripts and LOR's in before the interview.

to which schools did you recieve interview dates soo after you applied

shawmahmed said:
to which schools did you recieve interview dates soo after you applied

I applied to two schools: DMU and California. I applied through the AACPM website. I received an interview that day to Cal and the day after to DMU.

jonwill said:
I applied to two schools: DMU and California. I applied through the AACPM website. I received an interview that day to Cal and the day after to DMU.

you mean you submitted the aacpmas application by clicking submit on the website and the next day you got an interview? by email? also what month was it when you submitted?

shawmahmed said:
you mean you submitted the aacpmas application by clicking submit on the website and the next day you got an interview? by email? also what month was it when you submitted?

Ya, that was it! I applied in mid-spring so it was even a little late. I was one of the last students accepted that year. Cal e-mailed me and DMU called me.

jonwill said:
Ya, that was it! I applied in mid-spring so it was even a little late. I was one of the last students accepted that year. Cal e-mailed me and DMU called me.

i want to apply now to ocpm, dmu, tuspm, and the one in chicago but i dont have recommendation letters ready for maybe a month. still should i apply now even though i can't send recommendation letters. also what state did you live in when you applied? thanks.

shawmahmed said:
i want to apply now to ocpm, dmu, tuspm, and the one in chicago but i dont have recommendation letters ready for maybe a month. still should i apply now even though i can't send recommendation letters. also what state did you live in when you applied? thanks.

Apply now and just let them know that transcripts and letters of rec will follow.