Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pruritis_ani

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, I know some people are getting invites already...so, let's get the thread going!

Anybody with interview invites, rejections, interview tips or input on what the interviews are like, post them up here....

None for me, yet.....

Members don't see this ad.

Just scheduled two interviews. I was invited to Grand Rapids/Spectrum Health program in Grand Rapids, MI and University of Washington in Seattle, WA.

AtYourCervix said:
Just scheduled two interviews. I was invited to Grand Rapids/Spectrum Health program in Grand Rapids, MI and University of Washington in Seattle, WA.

congrats! let us know how they go...

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received my first interview invite!!!! UTMB Austin. I am so excited! This process is totally crazy. I have definately become OCD since I have submitted! Good luck to everyone.

Are interview invites all being done by email? Is there anything being done by snail mail or over the phone?

Just curious as I'm away from home!

i got both invites via email. also had a message on eras from uwash.

Hey All:)

I was wondering, have your schools uploaded your transcripts to ERAS yet? My school says they aren't going to do upload transcripts until Mid-October and I am wondering if it will delay interview invites for me?

Thanks!
Meghan

got my first invite today, stoked!

Hopefully after two years i will be invited for interview.
lol mine will be to med school
four years after that i will be as anxious as you all now. Keep fingers crossed for me. :scared:

Flea girl said:
Where at?

but, it is nowhere surprising, other members have interviews set up there as well. pm me if you want more info, though.

Interview invite today from Johns Hopkins!! :clap: :clap:

University of New Mexico.

This thread makes me wonder how many programs offer interviews this early and how many don't begin offering until October or so. Or is it that there is no rhyme or reason?

Members don't see this ad :)
CANES2006 said:
Interview invite today from Johns Hopkins!! :clap: :clap:

CONGRATS Canes!!! Just out of curiosity - how many of your letters do you have in? I'm wondering if schools will offer interviews before they have any letters. Again, congrats :)

lmh14 said:
CONGRATS Canes!!! Just out of curiosity - how many of your letters do you have in? I'm wondering if schools will offer interviews before they have any letters. Again, congrats :)

All of my LOR are in (5 total).

Invite from Beth Israel Deaconess in Boston, MA today via email.

AtYourCervix said:
Invite from Beth Israel Deaconess in Boston, MA today via email.

I'm couples matching with my girlfriend - she got an interview invite from Emory a couple of days ago.

I just got an invite from Scott&White in Temple, Texas.

Emory
Greenville
Washington Hospital

Just wondering if anyone is planning on bringing your spouse/significant other to the receptions and things they usually have the night before the interview...Thx!

obgyn06 said:
Emory
Greenville
Washington Hospital

Just wondering if anyone is planning on bringing your spouse/significant other to the receptions and things they usually have the night before the interview...Thx!

Hey obgyn06 - I got an invite from Washington Hospital Center too. I think I'm going on 11/22 - have you set up a date yet? I am spouse-less with no significant other, but I think that it would be just fine to take them along!

Emory
Hopkins
Washington Hospital Center
Northshore (Long Island)

USC+LAC (while here on an away rotation)

:D :D :D :D

MCOW (Medical College of Wisconsin) came by email 9/14

Ballsac said:
MCOW (Medical College of Wisconsin) came by email 9/14

congrats! but, hey, with a name like that, shouldn't you be over on the urology forum? ;) :laugh:

urology was my inital thought... but what better place for a sack than ob/gyn? :D we seem to be fairly underrepresented.

Flea girl said:
Just received my first interview invite!!!! UTMB Austin. I am so excited! This process is totally crazy. I have definately become OCD since I have submitted! Good luck to everyone.

I love Austin - I'm mad about Austin! I can definately see the appeal. However, aren't you nervous about the shiny newness of the program? I've put them on my list, then taken them off, then put them on again, then....
Any other opinions about a brand new program? Please reply!

abmd2006 said:
I love Austin - I'm mad about Austin! I can definately see the appeal. However, aren't you nervous about the shiny newness of the program? I've put them on my list, then taken them off, then put them on again, then....
Any other opinions about a brand new program? Please reply!

I do have some concerns about the program being so new, but the attendings that I have spoken with said that that could be a good thing too.
More procedures and cases for you to do. Atleast in theory. I am going to the interview, see what the place is like, and make a decision on what I see and hear.

lmh14 said:
Hey obgyn06 - I got an invite from Washington Hospital Center too. I think I'm going on 11/22 - have you set up a date yet? I am spouse-less with no significant other, but I think that it would be just fine to take them along!

By all means bring your significant other. Our night before interview dinners are laid back (as you'll see), at an attending's house, and will give your partner an insight into what kind of A-holes :D you'll be spending more time with next year than him/her!

Look forward to meeting you.

Good luck on the invite trail.

got an email from brigham and women saying my app was received, but they are not offering interviews until after their deadline, november 1st.

Flea girl said:
I do have some concerns about the program being so new, but the attendings that I have spoken with said that that could be a good thing too.
More procedures and cases for you to do. Atleast in theory. I am going to the interview, see what the place is like, and make a decision on what I see and hear.
That's a very good point. Well, if you are so inclined, I am sure there are quite a few people out here who would like to know your impression of the place when you get back.
Good luck to you.
I see that you are from Colorado - I moved from Denver to come to Pitt for school, would love to get back. How's the mile high city?

Flea girl said:

The program looks pretty good online, I'd love to hear what it's like in person - do you mind posting your thoughts on the program after you check it out?
Thanks and good luck!

I interview on the 24th of Oct. Will let you all know how it goes. Should be interesting, it will be my first interview. I am actually in Pueblo, not Denver. My school has rotation sites for 3rd & 4th year out here. Anyone hear from Baystate, MA yet?

I received an interview at Albert Einstein Medical Center in Philly, PA yesterday. I submitted the application about a week ago. How long did it take most of you to hear back about these interviews? Please also mention if your application is complete (mine isn't at this time).

I am also interviewing at UTMB Austin and Galveston, as well as UNM. I only applied to places out west. The newness of the Austin program made me think long and hard about applying there, but I'll make up my final decision after I see what it's like.

Man I have not posted here in forever.

Hi guys,

Do those of you who have heard from University of Washington know the interview dates?

Thanks!

Wednesday said:
Hi guys,

Do those of you who have heard from University of Washington know the interview dates?

Thanks!

I'd like to know this as well. I applied there too. They're not known for being DO friendly, but I thought I'd at least give it a shot as my USMLE Step 1 scores were pretty decent. Thanks :)

any CA invites out yet? (other than the USC invite on an away...)

just curious. thanks!

Here are the Univ of Washington interview dates...copied straight from the email.

o November 7
o November 14
o November 21
o November 28
o December 5
o December 12
o December 19

AtYourCervix said:
Here are the Univ of Washington interview dates...copied straight from the email.

o November 7
o November 14
o November 21
o November 28
o December 5
o December 12
o December 19

Thanks so much!!!

Just got 2 interviews today...Univ Maryland Baltimore, Univ of South Florida.

Got an invite from Medical University of Ohio in Toledo.

kittycat_642 said:
Got an invite from Medical University of Ohio in Toledo.

Got two today - Orlando and UT Austin.

2 invites today too: University of Maryland-Baltimore & Greenville, SC

Hey folks - Congrats to everyone!! I don't think I have posted any of mine yet.

Washington Hospital Center
Christiana Care
Johns Hopkins
Univ of Maryland

I actually don't know too much about Maryland - have any of you heard anything about the program?? I noticed that a few of us have gotten interviews there. Good luck!

My better half got another invite yesterday from USC (that's south carolina to us east coast folks ;) )

Interview invite from Sinai Hospital of Baltimore today.

Invitation from University of Virginia yesterday afternoon.

Hi. I got an interview from Wright State.

Invite from Dartmouth today.

My list of invitations:
Palmetto (SC)
Riverside (VA)
UCLA-harbor (CA)
Grand Rapids (MI)
Univ of New Mexico (NM)
Washington Hosp (DC)