Interviews/Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AttemptDOnowDPM

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this question has been asked a billion times, but I was wondering if there was a list somewhere of interviews/acceptances? Maybe MSAR? I tried searching for it on SDN, but to no avail. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

MSAR does for the majority of schools. And if you're willing to pay, usnews.com also provides info (a little more detailed) about # of applicants, interviews, acceptances, etc. I think it's $20 for the "premium" edition.

I got suckered into paying for usnews, so if you want to know a few schools just reply here and I'll copy/paste.

MSAR has interviews and entrances, but not acceptances.

Members don't see this ad :)
Here is some info I calculated from USnews. I don't have the number of applicants, but I did calculate the % of those applicants interviewed. Of those interviewed, I also calculated the % that were accepted. Hope this is useful.

School %interviewed %Accepted
Columbia 51 24
NYU 31 53
Albert Einstein 20 39
Boston U 10 29
Drexel 22 66
Gwashington 15 37
Georgetown 16 33
Harvard 13 34
Johns Hopkins 15 37
Keck USC 13 69
Mount Sinai 17 36
NYMC 24 45
Stanford 12 37
Tufts 11 65
UC Davis 12 57
UC Irvine 11 63
UCLA 17 33
UCSF 13 43
UCSD 18 48

Great job Chap! Some really useful info for all of the noobs.

yeah those are useful and discouraging in some cases

uci is pretty high, that's comforting.

when i interviewed at U of Iowa, they told us that they would interview 275 in-state and 275 out-of-state. from that they choose 92 in-state and 40 out, which is fixed.

Is that % accepted from the interview or from all applicants?

Megalofyia, that % accepted is only considering those that were interviewed.

Doctorkevin, I know, I'm really excited about my UCI interview, now I have a 63% chance of being accepted! (statistically speaking) Woo-hoo!!:clap:

Thanks for the info!

Are there stats for Temple? thanks.

Originally posted by chapinsita
Megalofyia, that % accepted is only considering those that were interviewed.

oops. I should have realized that when there are these schools with acceptance rates of 66%.

I had just been looking at BU.

To everyone that PMed me asking me to post the info for more schools...

I calculated only those that I applied to or was interested in applying to. I got these by paying for the USNEWS online subscription ($10). I'm sure most of this info is available on the school's websites for free.

Anyway, I'm actually really busy right now with interviews, work, research and school (midterm season). Unfortunately, I can't churn out more numbers for you guys. If you are seriously dying to know the stats for a specific school and don't have $10 to pay for USnews, then PM me and I'll try to get the info to you.

Thanks. I'm glad so many of you found my previous post so helpful! :)

You can find your own percentages from the 2002 data...Just click on the link I posted and divide the third number by the first to get accepted/applied, or the third by the second to get accepted/interviewed.