Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JustD0it

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi.

I was wondering if anyone read up on any books that cover history or good information of osteopathic medicine before going to their interview. And if you did, could you please tell me which book it was.
I'm just looking for any advice to brush up on my knowledge of osteopathic medicine as well as medicine in general.

Thanx. :D

Members don't see this ad.

get the gevitz book "The DO's: Osteopathic Medicine in America."

I read it before I started my interviews. I was never quizzed on osteopathic medicine or anything, but knowing about the history made me feel much more confident in my decision to pursue a DO over an MD.

Gevitz is a good start.

Osteopathic Medicine: A Reformation in Progress
by R. Michael Gallagher (Editor), Frederick J. Humphrey, Marc S. Micozzi (Editor), Churchill Livingstone

ISBN: 0443079919

Where Gevitz gives a good background and history of the beginings of osteopathy, Gallegher's book 'bridges' it to modern times - with some info on modern-day manipulative treatment, and the direction osteopathy seems to be heading towards.

Those two books really demystified some of the ideas about osteopathy that were floating around for me.

- Tae

Originally posted by tkim6599
Gevitz is a good start.

Osteopathic Medicine: A Reformation in Progress
by R. Michael Gallagher (Editor), Frederick J. Humphrey, Marc S. Micozzi (Editor), Churchill Livingstone

This book was really good!