Interview Tips

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jonpaul

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For anyone who has already interviewed at podiatry school, could you give me any tips as to how to prepare for the interview? What types of questions are asked? What are they looking for and what was the most difficult question??? THANKS IN ADVANCE...

jonpaul

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck in advance! I interviewed at Temple and I have to say that was the best interview that I have ever been to. It was very calm and informal in a sense that we were having a conversation about me not just Q & A drills. It was one on one not a panel. I only had that one interview. The interviewer just wanted to get to know me as a person. The whole interview was very relaxed and fun. I really enjoyed it. He did ask me why I wanted to be a podiatrist? And answered the question in a story form basicly sounding just like my personal statement. Tips: 1) be honest and sincere 2)think before you answer 3) make sure you understand what they are asking you 4) be prepare to discuss any poor grades in your science (if this applys) because they will ask 5) sale your self. GOOD LUCK!

-Why podiatry?
-Experiences with podiatry (shadowing in clinic and OR)?
-What are your goals in podiatry (residency, practice, etc)?
-Why a low grade in a certain class in undergrad?
-Be prepared to discuss anything on your application (extracurriculars, study abroad, or anything that stands out) or in your personal statement.

They've pretty much nailed the big questions. I've interviewed at california, des moines, scholl and temple. Every school pretty much asked the same questions. My only advice is to relax, be yourself. Also, save a few questions for the interview. They want to know that you're interested in your education and if you don't have a question when they ask you whether you have any then it seems as if you're not (even though you probably asked a ton already to others). Good Luck!