interview tips

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predptnc

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

With interviewing season being upon us I was wondering if you wouldn't mind providing me with some tips! I've done a mock interview with my school, and that was helpful but I am just looking for any tips! Thanks in advanced!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

With interviewing season being upon us I was wondering if you wouldn't mind providing me with some tips! I've done a mock interview with my school, and that was helpful but I am just looking for any tips! Thanks in advanced!
Hi,

I have done 1 interview (group but not as bad as you think) as well as one mock interview. Some advice is to "set the scene" when describing your experiences (where you were working- in patient vs outpatient- your role, tech volunteer shadow etc- were you new or experienced at this point etc should be brief but include this important information. Also, I would time your responses to you be no longer than 90 seconds. You could get away with a little bit longer but most of your answers should be 90 seconds or less. Finally, be prepared to see some of the questions you have prepared for to be worded slightly differently and adjust your answer accordingly. In my group interview, a girl next to me failed to do these last 2 things and drove me and the interviewer crazy. She would talk for far too long and even though you could tell she had prepared, when asked a question that wasn't word for word for what she prepared, she still used her default answer. Think square peg round hole situation. I used this website with about 40ish questions and I just wrote an answer out for all of them and practiced it for a few days. I feel fairly comfortable for another interview if I am offered one.

Reactions: 1 user