Interview Thread Tangents

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

winkleweizen

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm one of the EM interns at Maricopa and I just wanted to reply to thatbad experience EMapplicant12 had. My experience is limited to a few months butis nothing like this at all. Every program will have some attendings that are more gruff than others and I can literally only think of a single one at Maricopa who would fit that bill.

The notion that the attendings don't have our back is somewhat silly. Who else’s back would they have? The consultants? I have high fived, made inappropriate jokes to, and gone drinking with my attendings. Heck they even open up their houses to resident run parties. And this doesn't even begin to touch theresident camaraderie there is here which is really as good as it gets. I honestly have no idea where this internal conflict thing is coming from but from somebody who is inside, I don't even see a hint of it. And in the intern class less than 25% are married and I think that's true throughout the years but I dont feel like running the list in my head right now.

I'm really sorry you had a bad shift here but keep things in perspective. It was a single attending and every other personyou worked with was super nice... You're never going to find a program where every single attending is going to praise you all the time. You're going tomake mistakes and you will be taught to correct them. This is EM, you need to be able to handle criticism. :love:
and when are you guys going to offer me an interview!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.