Interview notifications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mbee

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!
So I haven't heard yet from any of the schools I applied to and I don't know how or when (if at all) I will be contacted. The problem is that as of Dec 23rd I will not be at my current address and then I'm leaving the country for 2 weeks until Jan 10th! (so no phone either...)
Does anybody know how the schools normally contact students for interviews? (phone, email, mail?) and if it will be ok for me to email them letting them know that I will not be available for 2 weeks? I mean, I don't want to sound rude... :oops:

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely email them and let them know the dates you will be out of the country.

I called up all the schools I applied to and let them know that I will be at my permanent address for until mid January. The following is a summary of the responses I got:

Cornell - they marked it on the file, but were unclear as to whether or not I should expect to hear from them within the time period (I have applied to the dual degree program as well)

Penn - I was told to send them an email just so they could have it in writing and refer to it if needed.

OSU - It was marked in my file.

Illinois - I called and was told to send an email letting them know what is happening.

CSU - I shouldn't hear anything before then and they only send to the current address (I am out of state).

As for interviews, OSU calls, I hear Penn will start calling the week before Christmas. CSU does not interview out of state applicants, Cornell does not interview (at all), and Illinois is sending out the interview invitations around February 1st.

Hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
Cornell - they marked it on the file, but were unclear as to whether or not I should expect to hear from them within the time period (I have applied to the dual degree program as well)

Do you happen to know if Cornell interviews for the dual degree program?

Do you happen to know if Cornell interviews for the dual degree program?

They do, but I have gotten conflicting information about when to expect an interview and whether or not you get interviewed only if you've once been accepted into the DVM program.

definitely email all your schools telling them how they can reach you.
Ohio calls for interviews
Penn sends a letter
Western calls you. Don't really know the rest.
I would think a school might try other means to reach you, however, if they found you were unavailable by one method. Last yr, Western did not reach me by phone so they emailed instead.

I would think a school might try other means to reach you, however, if they found you were unavailable by one method. Last yr, Western did not reach me by phone so they emailed instead.

Along those lines, I am terrified that OSU (or any school) will try to call me and they just wont get through. My phone screen does not work (it's just blank... and yet people still keep sending me text messages... which, by the way, I never responded to in the first place - but this is another story for another time). Also, when I looked over my OSU tracking page they don't have my phone number listed. I went and double checked my supplemental application and it doesn't seem that they ever asked for my number - do they just use the one given through VMCAS? Thanks!

Along those lines, I am terrified that OSU (or any school) will try to call me and they just wont get through. My phone screen does not work (it's just blank... and yet people still keep sending me text messages... which, by the way, I never responded to in the first place - but this is another story for another time). Also, when I looked over my OSU tracking page they don't have my phone number listed. I went and double checked my supplemental application and it doesn't seem that they ever asked for my number - do they just use the one given through VMCAS? Thanks!
Sorry; I don't remember the supp. info requested by OSU but your VMCAS has your email and phone number. I don't think you're obsessing though-we all get like this about now-just some don't admit to it. I always worry that I won't get an email because it went into spam or because my email address is easy to mess up-or even that I won't recognize the sender and will delete the message in error. by March we will all need psychoanalysis.

Thanks guys! I appreciate the help. I feel a lot better about this