Interview No-Show Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

plusminus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok how many of you play this cutthroat game to the bone and keep all of your interviews to the last second and then don't show up if you have no intention of going to the school? If so, then this is the place for you....

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by plusminus
Ok how many of you play this cutthroat game to the bone and keep all of your interviews to the last second and then don't show up if you have no intention of going to the school? If so, then this is the place for you....

:confused: why would you do this? other than, of course, unless you were a sadistic, selfish and scheming pre-med bent on minimizing other hardworking students' chances at getting into med school?

You would be surprised at how many people do not show up for their interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok how many of you play this cutthroat game... If so, then this is the place for you....

Alas, this is not the place for you. I hope you get karmically bitch-slapped in the near future.

TF

this is just low. it's completely disrespectful to the school, the interviewers, and your fellow applicants. anyway, if you "cancel" last minute you've probably already bought your place ticket, so it's poetic justice if you end up wasting 300 bucks.

Uh.. i hope noone. and besides, it really wont affect anyone because the school will enroll its full class each year. All you're doing is pushing on persons interview date back.

I think intentionally trying to screw somebody else out of an interview slot this way shows a lack of character and maturity, in addition to a lack of understanding as to how this process works.
exmike is correct, all you are really doing is to push back someone's interview date.
The bottom line: if they have what it takes they'll get an interview. If not, they won't.

ugh...how angry/scheming/cut-throat of a person (not to mention completely INSECURE)do yo have to be to screw other people who you don't even know anything about or will ever meet out of an interview? Sorry, but thats just low...

How disrespectful!

I think with more people getting acceptances at this point, they're also tuning out during the interview, tour of the facilities, and subsequent question and answer sessions (for schools they might not be interested in going to anymore). I'll be interviewing at a few more places that I won't matriculate into come next fall, but I consider every interview invite a blessing. It's a shame some people at this level would do such a thing as not show up for what they scheduled, as if calling to cancel was too much of a chore.

AAK

Originally posted by exmike
Uh.. i hope noone. and besides, it really wont affect anyone because the school will enroll its full class each year. All you're doing is pushing on persons interview date back.

If someone were to do this, it would affect someone. Not the person who could have interviewed on that day, he just scheduled his interview a week later. The person who gets screwed is the weaker applicant who applied there as a wild shot and would have been given an interview at the very end of the season, but there was no positions open in the interview season at the end since someone decided to not show at their interview. Basically everyone gets displaced one place back, leaving the last guy in the cold. What really sucks about this is by not going to the interview, it's not like you're improving your own chances of going to that school since you're not interviewing there, you're just messing with people who do want to go there. That being said, I have been to a few interviews where people didn't show. I imagine that they were just lazy and decided to withdraw their application quietly by not interviewing. If they had car trouble or something, I imagine they would have called to make arrangements for it or something like that.

Originally posted by AverageMan
What really sucks about this is by not going to the interview, it's not like you're improving your own chances of going to that school since you're not interviewing there, you're just messing with people who do want to go there.

Good Point!!!

Originally posted by TheFlash
I hope you get karmically bitch-slapped in the near future.

TF

LOL :D :laugh: :laugh: