Interview Nightmare. Need advice.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xoxo111

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had my interview today at NYCPM & omg it was sooo bad. I butchered it (in a bad way of course). Everything was going fine until they asked me about my MCAT score & I threw my advisor under the bus saying that I was pressured into taking it with little prep (which I SHOULD NOT have done), but I mitigated it by blaming myself & how I didn’t give time to it, and it doesn’t mean I won’t do well on boards blah blah blah. I was so nervous & I didn’t what I was thinking that I did that. I feel like I’m going to get rejected because of this. I’m sooooo nervous because it’s my first school of choice!

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry about it. Nothing you can do now. I'm sure you did fine.

I also thought I bombed my NYCPM interview when talking about my low uGPA, thought I threw my study habits under the bus wayyy to much and was afraid they would think I wasn't going to take school seriously. Ended up getting accepted with a scholarship! It took just under a week for them to get back to me (They only got my letters of rec that morning). Don't let it rile you up to much, the rest of your stats and remainder of the day should speak for itself and get you in :)

Members don't see this ad :)
But I feel like throwing my advisor under the bus showed to them that I’m irresponsible or that I don’t accept responsibilities for my own actions.

I had my interview today at NYCPM & omg it was sooo bad. I butchered it (in a bad way of course). Everything was going fine until they asked me about my MCAT score & I threw my advisor under the bus saying that I was pressured into taking it with little prep (which I SHOULD NOT have done), but I mitigated it by blaming myself & how I didn’t give time to it, and it doesn’t mean I won’t do well on boards blah blah blah. I was so nervous & I didn’t what I was thinking that I did that. I feel like I’m going to get rejected because of this. I’m sooooo nervous because it’s my first school of choice!

Relax. whats done is done, there is nothing you can do about it now. just stay positive and think about the good parts of the interview. Maybe you are overthinking about it. All is well buddy. ;D

Nothing you do at this point will change what happened. Take a deep breath, relax, and don't worry until you have to. If you have other interviews coming up then you should prepare for those instead of worrying about this one.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using SDN mobile

Nothing you do at this point will change what happened. Take a deep breath, relax, and don't worry until you have to. If you have other interviews coming up then you should prepare for those instead of worrying about this one.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using SDN mobile

I’m worried because this is my first choice for school. If it was some other other school, I wouldn’t have been this worried.

I’m worried because this is my first choice for school. If it was some other other school, I wouldn’t have been this worried.

I can understand your emotions, just try to relax and pray that you will be ok. :) dont beat yourself up!

But I feel like throwing my advisor under the bus showed to them that I’m irresponsible or that I don’t accept responsibilities for my own actions.
It did. But it’s over nowand any attempt to change it will just remind them, let it go

do you mind sharing your stats?

I also thought I bombed my NYCPM interview when talking about my low uGPA, thought I threw my study habits under the bus wayyy to much and was afraid they would think I wasn't going to take school seriously. Ended up getting accepted with a scholarship! It took just under a week for them to get back to me (They only got my letters of rec that morning). Don't let it rile you up to much, the rest of your stats and remainder of the day should speak for itself and get you in :)

Did you get that in an email/call or mail?

They are all on holiday break so just relax, I got mine 2-5 days after due to holiday.

Reactions: 1 user
Y’all were right! I got my acceptance today! So happy!

Reactions: 7 users