interview later?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deucerp

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was reading in Iserson that it is better to interview later in the season to have a better chance at leaving a lasting impression...you guys agree?

Members don't see this ad.

Or a better chance to get your interview withdrawn..

Or they are too tired of #3041 by the time they get to you..

Or they have seen too many good applicants and know whom they want and dont care to see you.

Or ...

Or ...

Honestly... it doesnt matter..

I agree...don't think it matters in the end...there are pros and cons to both. Best of luck!!!

I was reading in Iserson ....

Stop right there. Put that horrible book down, back away slowly and go get a beer from the fridge. Drink it really fast. Have another one right now. Okay, done with the 2nd beer? Good. Grab a 3rd one and go sit down on the couch, turn on some crappy cable TV and watch it for an hour or so before falling asleep.

That exercise was far more useful (and enjoyable) than anything you'll get from Iserson.

Be sure that you burn the book rather than selling it to other impressionable students at your school. I threw mine out rather than foist that crap on anybody else.

Stop right there. Put that horrible book down, back away slowly and go get a beer from the fridge. Drink it really fast. Have another one right now. Okay, done with the 2nd beer? Good. Grab a 3rd one and go sit down on the couch, turn on some crappy cable TV and watch it for an hour or so before falling asleep.

That exercise was far more useful (and enjoyable) than anything you'll get from Iserson.

Be sure that you burn the book rather than selling it to other impressionable students at your school. I threw mine out rather than foist that crap on anybody else.

best advice in awhile here at SDN!!!

People swear by this book so I got suckered into buying it. It was minimally helpful at best. Why all the hype???

People swear by this book so I got suckered into buying it. It was minimally helpful at best. Why all the hype???

I have no idea. I was fortunate enough to get one for free and I still feel like I got ripped off. I had an older version so I don't know if the tone has changed but the one I had sounded like it was written by a guy who applied for a GS residency in 1950 and got rejected 3 or 4 times.

Having said all that, I don't know of a better option. I think the First Aid for the Match is similarly unhelpful (but not as terror inducing as Iserson). Perhaps I should get off my butt and write one myself instead of just complaining about the ones that are out there.