Interview Invites?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Green Grass

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of any interview invites yet? Or how soon we can expect to hear back? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Haha, of the 54 programs I applied to, only 3 schools have downloaded applications yet.

From what I've gathered on orthogate, most applicants are only barely starting to receive interview offers by early to mid-November, and they don't really start coming in until late November.

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe a dumb question - but how can you tell how many programs have downloaded your app? I can't figure it out. Thanks.

Only a lucky few will get interview invitations before Nov. 1st. Most will get invite after Nov. 1st. Be patient and trust me that its totally normal for your classmates applying to OBGYN and peds to be getting invites right now and you get nothing.

Somewhat related - how many programs have downloaded applications for those currently applying?

I submitted on the 2nd and Wake Forest, UVA, and Banner Good Samaritan downloaded almost immediately, and since then it's been quiet.

I have my app complete except for my school transcript and LORs.

Somewhat related - how many programs have downloaded applications for those currently applying?

I submitted on the 2nd and Wake Forest, UVA, and Banner Good Samaritan downloaded almost immediately, and since then it's been quiet.

I have my app complete except for my school transcript and LORs.

When I was going through all this last year, I received very little information before November. But, of the 51 places where I applied here's what I remember:

I got interview offers from JPS and Marshall on back-to-back days in mid-October. I got an offer from Summa Health towards the end of October. UVA and several other programs sent me e-mails to tell me they had downloaded my application. I got an early rejection from Wake Forest (early November). I also had a phone interview with Banner Good Samaritan in November.

My first actual interview was November 15 at Summa (where I ended up matching). Later that week I had JPS. Most of my offers came mid-November and most of my interviews were in December and January.

When I was going through all this last year, I received very little information before November. But, of the 51 places where I applied here's what I remember:

I got interview offers from JPS and Marshall on back-to-back days in mid-October. I got an offer from Summa Health towards the end of October. UVA and several other programs sent me e-mails to tell me they had downloaded my application. I got an early rejection from Wake Forest (early November). I also had a phone interview with Banner Good Samaritan in November.

My first actual interview was November 15 at Summa (where I ended up matching). Later that week I had JPS. Most of my offers came mid-November and most of my interviews were in December and January.

Thanks.

I guess we can use this thread as our "Official Interview Invites/Rejection" thread that I have seen on other forums. We can start a new one if you guys would like - doesn't matter to me.

Just thought I'd check in on one program that I know has offered some interviews: I know Iowa has started extending interviews to rotators. Not sure if they have sent any to any non-rotators. That's all I've heard so far. What about you guys?

Nothing so far.

Wake Forest's application deadline is the 15th of October, and they state they may extend invitations before then.

But, I'm still waiting for 2 LORs to come in and I don't expect to hear anything until they are buttoned up.

I'm still waiting on two letters to finish up (still!!!).

Harvard emailed me today to tell me that my application is still incomplete. No additional schools have downloaded my application, so I assumed it wasn't too big of a deal to not have all of my ortho letters in, but this makes me wonder if other programs are not downloading because I don't have my LORs finalized?

I'm not sure, still not too worried.

Just wanted to point out that there is an interview invites thread over at Orthogate. Looks like Flint, Wayne State, and Marshall have sent out invites so far.