Interview gone badly?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Twinklzz13

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever felt they didnt do so well on an interview, and sounded like a total Duhhhh head??? I had my interview at NECO yesterday, and i got so nervous that i felt that words were just coming out of my mouth and i didnt make too much sense and i feel like i blew the interview and didnt make the impression i wanted to make. :confused: :confused: :( :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Twinklzz13 said:
Has anyone ever felt they didnt do so well on an interview, and sounded like a total Duhhhh head??? I had my interview at NECO yesterday, and i got so nervous that i felt that words were just coming out of my mouth and i didnt make too much sense and i feel like i blew the interview and didnt make the impression i wanted to make. :confused: :confused: :( :scared:

Aww...i totally did too. It's okay, i was really sad last night too, but whatever happens happens. I'm sure they know youre nervous and take that into account. I also felt kinda rushed with my answers and some words that came out of my mouth weren't even words. I even forgot to breath...so i'm sure you did better than me.

Don't worry, i'm sure you'll get in. Larry himself said about 70-75% who come for an interview get an acceptence letter. And if it makes you feel any better, i did really horrible too.

i interviewed at ICO, and i felt like i wanted to cry afterwards because everyone else looked as if their interviews went so smoothly. my interviewer was different. he focused on my C's in physics =/ and how i had gotten an A in math, and he expressed concern and didn't understand how the 2 weren't related in performance. at the time of the interview, i hadn't taken the OAT yet, so believe me when i say i was nervous and felt even more pressure on doing well on the OAT, especially the physics section. but i ended up with a happy ending because i did a decent job, and i was accepted. =) don't stress too much, i'm sure it'll be okay. i felt like my interview was a disaster, but they ended up accepting me.

good luck, i'm crossing my fingers for you!

Members don't see this ad :)
catzeye523 said:
i interviewed at ICO, and i felt like i wanted to cry afterwards because everyone else looked as if their interviews went so smoothly. my interviewer was different. he focused on my C's in physics =/ and how i had gotten an A in math, and he expressed concern and didn't understand how the 2 weren't related in performance. at the time of the interview, i hadn't taken the OAT yet, so believe me when i say i was nervous and felt even more pressure on doing well on the OAT, especially the physics section. but i ended up with a happy ending because i did a decent job, and i was accepted. =) don't stress too much, i'm sure it'll be okay. i felt like my interview was a disaster, but they ended up accepting me.

good luck, i'm crossing my fingers for you!

Hey ... Thank you..im crossing my fingers too...i was jsut so upset because i didnt even answer one of the questions properly....i answered a totally different question...cuz i was so nervous...n words were just flying left and right...suks :(

yeah happened to me too and i got my butt waitlisted at scco

I did that at my first choice. I was so nervous and wanted to do really well, that it backfired. With each minute I felt like I was destroying my chances of getting a good review.

I didn't get in to that school.

When I had my interview at NECO, I didn't think it went too smoothly at all. The interviewer kept badgering me and throwing hard questions. He wanted to be positive that I am truly sure I want to go to optometry school. So I didn't feel that the interview went too well either. But I still got in... So who knows.

Nimue619 said:
When I had my interview at NECO, I didn't think it went too smoothly at all. The interviewer kept badgering me and throwing hard questions. He wanted to be positive that I am truly sure I want to go to optometry school. So I didn't feel that the interview went too well either. But I still got in... So who knows.

Thanks for that....i guess it helped a lil...but i still have a few weeks to wait..so im just hoping it turns out well....when did you have your interview? and how long did it take them to get back to you?

I had my interview on 1/23. And it took them about 2 weeks to get back to me. Pretty fast.