Interview Expectations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Greencircle

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, all.

Recently, I have received interview offers from my applied institutions in upstate New York (two public) and North Carolina (one private). Having completed two bachelor degrees in both chemistry and biology as well as a minor in biochemistry, I have been nervous about my outlook on the interview based on my first PCAT score ranked in the 39th percentile.

An admission advisor of the last institution that I have applied asked me, via e-mail, about my A & P II grade for the past Spring Term; however, I replied to the person by informing that I could not provide a letter grade because I have not heard back from my professor who lectures a related class section that I enrolled. Although, I should have informed the advisor that the professor has assigned an incomplete status to my grade for the course. The advisor has not yet offered me a day when I may interview the private institute's admission committee.

Although I have read a section in a Kaplan prep book about what to expect from an interview, I would like to know of personal experiences from pharmacy students who were former interviewees and succeeded in the interview process.

What traits must I present to an interview? How should I present myself as an excellent candidate?

Generally, I am an introvert and dislike giving impromptu responses in interviews; instead, I prefer preparational types. However, if I feel passionate about responding to a specific topic, then I would gladly do so in a thoughtful manner.

What are your thoughts? I will consider all suggestions.

Sorry for the long text.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: