Interview Dates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NYCPremed333

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
To previous applicants:

Does anyone remember the latest date they got an interview and got an acceptance?

Thanks !!!

Members don't see this ad.

Some people get a II in august, interview on the first date and get in. Some people don't.
Some people get a II in march, interview in april, and get in. Some people don't.

How does this info help you lol?

My question was asking for people who have been through the process and could give me a specific answer. I want to know because I want to know if there's hope for later interviews - I think that was pretty obvious.

If you're not going to answer the question, and you're going to sarcastically "lol" at my question, maybe I could interest you in a second option....just taking the high road and not replying at all...? Consider it!

Members don't see this ad :)
My friend interviewed at our state school early April (only interview), was wait listed, and then accepted in July a couple weeks before term started. Kinda sucked for him though since he had already spent hundreds reapplying before he was informed of his acceptance.

Reactions: 1 user
My question was asking for people who have been through the process and could give me a specific answer. I want to know because I want to know if there's hope for later interviews - I think that was pretty obvious.

If you're not going to answer the question, and you're going to sarcastically "lol" at my question, maybe I could interest you in a second option....just taking the high road and not replying at all...? Consider it!
Some people get a II in august, interview on the first date and get in. Some people don't.
Some people get a II in march, interview in april, and get in. Some people don't.

How does this info help you lol?

Maybe i'm missing something here that caused OP to snap, but the admissions process is nonlinear, and the latest dates available for interviews vary for each school. Some schools wrap up the interviewing season in Jan, others in May.

However, a general trend shows that having a late interview (in say April) may result in being waitlisted with a low priority. Again, this is very school-specific so your best bet is to look at the SSD forums for each school.

Lately it seems whenever anybody asks any questions about interviews, or says that they have some but are anxious to get more, there is a barrage of responses along the lines of "chill the f*ck out" - I would definitely say that "How does this info help you lol?" falls into this category. It would just be nice to see people be a little understanding of one another, even if they think someone's question is silly or neurotic. And if you really think someone's question is dumb, just silently move on. It's just a waste of breath and kind of a weird instinct to feel the need to call them out.
Maybe i'm missing something here that caused OP to snap, but the admissions process is nonlinear, and the latest dates available for interviews vary for each school. Some schools wrap up the interviewing season in Jan, others in May.

However, a general trend shows that having a late interview (in say April) may result in being waitlisted with a low priority. Again, this is very school-specific so your best bet is to look at the SSD forums for each school.

Yeah IDK, maybe OP thought my tongue-in-cheek lol was something malicious?

I was just trying to get that across, that every applicant is different and the process is non linear but it is common knowledge that some people get in after an interview late. How is someone saying "Oh I got an interview in April and got in" going to help OP? His situation plays out regardless, and it is futile to compare.

If it gives someone peace of mind to ask these questions and have them answered i just dont get why you feel the need to police that and demonstrate to the thread that the question is irrelevant or "futile". Ce la vie I guess, to each his own.

Yeah IDK, maybe OP thought my tongue-in-cheek lol was something malicious?

I was just trying to get that across, that every applicant is different and the process is non linear but it is common knowledge that some people get in after an interview late. How is someone saying "Oh I got an interview in April and got in" going to help OP? His situation plays out regardless, and it is futile to compare.

If it gives someone peace of mind to ask these questions and have them answered i just dont get why you feel the need to police that and demonstrate to the thread that the question is irrelevant or "futile". Ce la vie I guess, to each his own.
Dude relax, you posted on a public forum, subjected to public opinion. I gave you my opinion and you don't have to agree with it. In your logic, why do you feel the need to police my comments. Just silently move on.

Dude relax, you posted on a public forum, subjected to public opinion. I gave you my opinion and you don't have to agree with it. In your logic, why do you feel the need to police my comments. Just silently move on.

?? how is what i did and what you did the same?? ....this is a thread i started to get an answer to a specific question and instead of answering the question you kind of mocked it. And I pointed out that that wasn't super kind. Whatver, do you. You're gonna be such a compassionate doctor some day...good thing patients never ask stupid questions!

For the last cycle, one of my friends got in off the waitlist in May and started in August. That came from the only II he got!

?? how is what i did and what you did the same?? ....this is a thread i started to get an answer to a specific question and instead of answering the question you kind of mocked it. And I pointed out that that wasn't super kind. Whatver, do you. You're gonna be such a compassionate doctor some day...good thing patients never ask stupid questions!

Yeah one internet comment that you disagree with basically sums up my ability to empathize and show compassion to patients in a professional setting. Cool story, bro

No+tears+only+dreams_3c418a_3973805.gif

OP, i recommend looking among the last few pages in the archived school-specific discussion forums for more insight into the last dates available for interviews and acceptances.

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah one internet comment that you disagree with basically sums up my ability to empathize and show compassion to patients in a professional setting. Cool story, bro

TBH one comment doesn't but I just perused your profile to see who I'm sparring with (lol) and you've made a bunch of bitter-sounding comments in response to people asking about interviews, and telling ppl they have a sense of entitlement. It's just not really the purpose of these message boards and kind of immature. As is the fact that I'm still engaging *belated self-reflection* Honestly it wasn't a big deal you're just kind of snarky IMO and not in a good way. But I'll live, you'll live and hopefully we'll both have success and happiness in this crazy process. Peace out bro.

I know of a current MS1 who received an interview invitation in January, interviewed in March, and received an acceptance in April, was for one of the SUNY schools.

Also, OP, I think people on this forum are just overly combative right now. Just the nature of the beast I guess.

Late interviews are not the end of the world even if they lower your chances. You can't control it, so don't waste time worrying about it