Interview chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahir Goyal

Reaction score
I am in-state TX resident from UTD applying to dental school. I submitted my texas apps May 23rd, and my OOS apps June 6. My stats and ECs are as listed:
24 DAT AA, 25 SCI average
3.97 overall GPA
Over 200 hours of shadowing, I am still shadowing because I really enjoy it and I may become a dental assistant at one clinic.
over 300 hours of volunteering. I was involved in my Predental club (2 leadership positions), i have been volunteering with special needs academy for past 2 years, i also am involved on campus with mentoring incoming freshman. I also have worked with mathnasium for past 2 years. Currently i am still volunteering with a hospital and trying out research lab for the summer to see if it i like it ( i really dont LOL). I have other personal hobbies as well. What are my chances for an interview at these schools that I have applied to:

all 4 texas ( i am in state)
Upenn
columbia
ucsf
ucla
maryland
u of illinois chicago
tufts

thank you so much for all your help and good luck to all of you and hope you get in where you want to!

Members don't see this ad.

I don’t see any glaring red flags with what you have hear so as long as you meet the missions of the schools you applied to you should hopefully hear back from your IS schools. Your OOS schools are some big reaches so I can’t be certain about those. but regardless it seems like a strong app.

Good luck this cycle!

I am in-state TX resident from UTD applying to dental school. I submitted my texas apps May 23rd, and my OOS apps June 6. My stats and ECs are as listed:
24 DAT AA, 25 SCI average
3.97 overall GPA
Over 200 hours of shadowing, I am still shadowing because I really enjoy it and I may become a dental assistant at one clinic.
over 300 hours of volunteering. I was involved in my Predental club (2 leadership positions), i have been volunteering with special needs academy for past 2 years, i also am involved on campus with mentoring incoming freshman. I also have worked with mathnasium for past 2 years. Currently i am still volunteering with a hospital and trying out research lab for the summer to see if it i like it ( i really dont LOL). I have other personal hobbies as well. What are my chances for an interview at these schools that I have applied to:

all 4 texas ( i am in state)
Upenn
columbia
ucsf
ucla
maryland
u of illinois chicago
tufts

thank you so much for all your help and good luck to all of you and hope you get in where you want to!
have you volunteered/shadowed/attended events at any d schools?

Status
Not open for further replies.