Interview burnout?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

roboto

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm about to embark on interviews next week and currently have 8 scheduled in 5 different cities across the country. I'm seriously reconsidering whether 8 is too many within the month long period I have planned. Am I crazy to feel this way?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
No, I did 8 interviews last year and was so. Tired. Of talking about myself.

Never mind the expense! I'm still paying the credit card bills for last years interviews and am embarking on at least 4 this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
12 days?!?! my gosh! i even declined an interview just cuz i was so sick of all the traveling (that, plus i new i prolly wouldnt rank em) im going to 6/8... oh yeah, within a month

Crazy? No. It's a lot to take on, whether or not you like talking about yourself for hours on end. I interviewed at 11 hospitals and am still getting crap about it from my friends. You have to do things your way though. My way worked for me, and hopefully your way will work for you. If you're really passionate about residency training, you'll find a way to make it through the next few months.

By the end of the interview season, I'd heard it all, seen it all and nothing could scare me. Having that experience under my belt has definitely improved my confidence. I still remember thinking on Match Day that it was all worth it, and hopefully you'll have the same feeling of relief soon.

Just remember to only rank the programs to which you would be willing to go. You can match with ANY program on your rank list. Good luck!

i only finished 2/6 and im already blaaaaah! its such an event... my interviews have literally been from 8-5 plus dinner! but i guess its ok because for the most part, they make you feel real comfortable... in my opinion at least.

I am so tired after 2 as well but they were not day long interviews. I got number three and four this week.