Interview Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eyedream82

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For all the non-attackers,

Suppose you got 3 invitation for an interview to 3 different school, do you think it would be wise to go ahead and go to all 3 of them? For me, it would cost too much money to fly out to all 3 interviews since they're all out of state. So i'm wondering if i should wait to hear the results of my first interview before i can make the decision on whether I should go on the second one or not. I know the timeline is important since the school wants to see your face as soon as possible, but then again will they care if you make the interview late. My case: my ICO interview is next week and then i just received Newenco and PCO letters of invitation this week. Should i go ahead and wait or go ahead and book my plane ticket to fly out soon? ....but then again, i'm in state and so i'm still waiting for SCO to say something before i go to too many interviews...i dunno what to do, help please...

-Faith

Members don't see this ad.

If you know with 100% certainty that you will be accepted after your ICO interview (sometimes they tell you more or less on the spot) then you can cancel 1 of the other interviews. Play it safe- wait and do not cancel any of your interviews. You talk about $$$$$ and how expensive it is to fly for these interviews. Just wait, if you think money is an issue because you cannot afford the expenses now you're in for a rude awakening when in Optometry school. What are couple of interviews going to cost you flying from city to city? You shouldn't even think about this money being an issue. After all, you and all the other hunchos are going to become big time OD's leading us into the twenty first century with new innovations and standard of care. Don't worry about the few hundred or even thousand dollars or so for your future endeavors. You'll get all that back plus hundreds of thousands more as a practicing OD. The world will be at your feet when you graduate with endless job possibilities and opportunities.

GO FOR IT! lololololololololol

You can always schedule your interviews for those schools later (Dec/Jan). I don't think most schools fill their rosters until mid-spring anyway, so you would have a little wiggle-room there. If you have your OAT scores already and have completed your pre-reqs (or are within a class or two of completing them), you might get an offer on the spot at your SCO interview, or shortly thereafter.

Good luck! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
r_salis,

thanks for the great advice. Just ask you had posted that up, I just got an invitation for an interview at SCO in the mail today. Woohhoo, 4 interviews in a row! I think i will wait and see how it all goes with SCO first before scheduling for PCO and Newenco. Right now, I'm preparing myself for ICO and SCO...let's have our fingers crossed here eh? :cool:

Originally posted by HighlyFanatic
:eek: got some canadian blood in ya eh? :cool:
Oh no, but I do know French if that's what you mean. :)