Internship Interview Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ha!!! That's painful.

Also, I have an unexplainable feeling of need to know where you work. Your omnipresence in the forum leaves me with so many questions. Thought you should know. Don't worry- I'm "sitting with the ambiguity."

Just imagine me as working everywhere, being all acerbic and spreading cynicism into the world.

Transcendence-Movie-Wallpaper-HD-Resrs.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

For the PD/AD/TDs on this thread, what kinds of questions have you been asked by applicants that were memorable? or is that rare and usually you receive the questions that can be answered by the site brochure?

The questions that are memorable are not memorable for good reasons. I've been asked what rotations we offer (this is very clear in our materials), what rotation I supervise (also very clear everywhere)... One started interesting - where I did my internship, but then it got awkward when she asked why I left that place (umm, because internship ended, they didn't have fellowships, and I needed a fellowship to get licensed). Another one asked what I do for fun - which would've been fine if they were wondering what people did for fun in the area, but it came after I asked her what she likes to do for fun and I gave her some examples of things she could do in the area if she matched at our site. So, it seemed more like she was trying to make small talk, which was a bit awkward for an interview and she probably would've been better suited having questions about our site. The awkward questions I usually chalk up to nerves, so it doesn't significantly hurt (with the exception of what rotations we have at our site); however, make sure you questions for everyone. Even if you feel like your questions were answered, it also doesn't hurt to get others' perspectives.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I am also wondering about Neuropsych interview questions, specifically in pediatrics, if any neuropsychologists who’ve done the post-doc neuro peds internship have any pearls of wisdom to offer?

I am wondering if they focus mostly what you’ve done so far and experience from previous cases?

Some of the interview questions I’ve gotten are best answered with examples that I also used in my essays. Is it bad to still use those answers?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN