Interns and doctors wanted for a Bitcoin-enabled healthcare marketplace

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IHungMyHead

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm not a doctor, I'm a software engineer and I'm looking for a partnership with a doctor/intern to test a business idea that I think might make an impact on the world and enable people who have no access to healthcare for various reasons, to at least receive good advice and, possibly, some actual help.

The idea is simple and not really new: online consultancy and medical advice. Until now, however, it was relatively difficult to implement it on a large scale, since regulations in many regions of the world do not allow doctors, and especially interns, to engage in such side jobs. Many simple problems people have though, as I imagine, can easily be solved by interns at a reasonable price. Bitcoin is here to help as it enables anonymous transactions between the two parties, so that any doctor engaging in such an activity can stay under the radar, yet actually help people in need and make money.

As some of you know, Bitcoin is a digital currency that is not controlled by any institution and that makes it impossible to use it for economic censorship. That is, if someone in Africa doesn't have a credit card or PayPal, they can still have bitcoins and use them with virtually no transaction fees. More interestingly, because Bitcoin is relatively anonymous, this means doctors can stay anonymous (yet have their reputation accumulated).

And so I'm currently building an online platform to bring together doctors and patients. I believe such a platform would do three important things:

1. Help people who have no access to quality healthcare either because they have no insurance or are living in a third-world country.

2. Help young doctors make money and gain more actual real-world experience out of the framework of their hospitals and med schools.

3. Accumulate useful knowledge for the next generations of doctors.

That said, my objective now is to start small and test the demand. I'm looking for a doctor or an intern willing to consult patients on such a website and be paid in Bitcoin. I will handle the technical side of the question, building the platform and handling all the payment processing. You won't need to reveal your identity and I will answer all of the questions you might have about Bitcoin or this project either here or privately.

Let me know what you guys think about it. Criticism is more than welcome.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I am an US MD, and I have a few comments about what you are trying to do:

1) Basically a good idea where people can ask questions of doctors, except there is no real proof of whether the answerer is a doctor.

2) Payments are voluntary and low for real doctor advice

I would suggest you get registered doctors, like myself, and have a payment sliding scale based on how long and involved the question answer is.

Hi everyone. I'm not a doctor, I'm a software engineer and I'm looking for a partnership with a doctor/intern to test a business idea that I think might make an impact on the world and enable people who have no access to healthcare for various reasons, to at least receive good advice and, possibly, some actual help.

The idea is simple and not really new: online consultancy and medical advice. Until now, however, it was relatively difficult to implement it on a large scale, since regulations in many regions of the world do not allow doctors, and especially interns, to engage in such side jobs. Many simple problems people have though, as I imagine, can easily be solved by interns at a reasonable price. Bitcoin is here to help as it enables anonymous transactions between the two parties, so that any doctor engaging in such an activity can stay under the radar, yet actually help people in need and make money.

As some of you know, Bitcoin is a digital currency that is not controlled by any institution and that makes it impossible to use it for economic censorship. That is, if someone in Africa doesn't have a credit card or PayPal, they can still have bitcoins and use them with virtually no transaction fees. More interestingly, because Bitcoin is relatively anonymous, this means doctors can stay anonymous (yet have their reputation accumulated).

And so I'm currently building an online platform to bring together doctors and patients. I believe such a platform would do three important things:

1. Help people who have no access to quality healthcare either because they have no insurance or are living in a third-world country.

2. Help young doctors make money and gain more actual real-world experience out of the framework of their hospitals and med schools.

3. Accumulate useful knowledge for the next generations of doctors.

That said, my objective now is to start small and test the demand. I'm looking for a doctor or an intern willing to consult patients on such a website and be paid in Bitcoin. I will handle the technical side of the question, building the platform and handling all the payment processing. You won't need to reveal your identity and I will answer all of the questions you might have about Bitcoin or this project either here or privately.

Let me know what you guys think about it. Criticism is more than welcome.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know about skin care. Contact me so I can learn more about this venture.

Is it legal to give medical advice, diagnose and/or treat a patient in another country while residing in the country where you are licensed to practice?

Is it legal to give medical advice, diagnose and/or treat a patient in another country while residing in the country where you are licensed to practice?
Yes, Its called telemedicine and there are many organizations that do this.

It's not clearly legal to be giving medical advice to someone in an area where you are not legally licensed to practice. Another problem I see with this idea is the OP has no way to determine if the people who contact him are "real" doctors or not. This would definitely be a "buyer beware" sort of situation, as you have no idea who you are talking to on the internet...

It's not clearly legal to be giving medical advice to someone in an area where you are not legally licensed to practice. Another problem I see with this idea is the OP has no way to determine if the people who contact him are "real" doctors or not. This would definitely be a "buyer beware" sort of situation, as you have no idea who you are talking to on the internet...

Well once the website grows I am sure OP could easily implement a system of verification of credentials. Seeing the site I am somewhat impressed at how nicely it panned out.

My main concern is legality issues. Would one be more vulnerable to unjust lawsuits or discipline by providing medical advice internationally?