International Transfer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dorito3

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey fellow SDNers, I am studying abroad in an Israeli-US program. I love it here but I do miss home and was wondering how transferring to an American medical school would work out for me?
Any good ( - hopefully) stories?

Members don't see this ad.

From what I've heard it is very difficult to accomplish. Although I don't have firsthand knowledge, I have heard some programs are more open to transfers than others. It would be best to contact your programs of interest and see if they'll accept a transfer application as most programs only do so if they've had somebody drop out. One program I know for a fact has accepted transfers in the past is Drexel. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
From what I've heard it is very difficult to accomplish. Although I don't have firsthand knowledge, I have heard some programs are more open to transfers than others. It would be best to contact your programs of interest and see if they'll accept a transfer application as most programs only do so if they've had somebody drop out. One program I know for a fact has accepted transfers in the past is Drexel. Good luck!

Hope you have a fiancee/spouse at Drexel otherwise I can't see why they'd take you as an international transfer, that's the only two international (from the Caribbean only) transfers that I'm familiar with

Reactions: 1 users