International trained dentist--->MCAT????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

razoredgeinn

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am a dentist trained in India, living in South Carolina now,& I'm looking at getting into a medical schools Do i have to take any prerequisites b4 appearing for Mcat? What kind of credential evaluation is needed? How long is the time period for this?
Any advice will be greatly appreciated:).

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,
I am a dentist trained in India, living in South Carolina now,& I'm looking at getting into a medical schools Do i have to take any prerequisites b4 appearing for Mcat? What kind of credential evaluation is needed? How long is the time period for this?
Definitely take them - even though there is no rule prohibiting you from taking the exam when you want. Not only will U.S. schools expect 60-90 credits completed in the U.S. before reviewing a medical school application - usually including 8 credits in each of: chemistry, biology, physics, and organic chemistry - you'll be at a major disadvantage in writing the MCAT without this.

There are several DDS-to-MD programs in the U.S. (to train maxillofacial surgeons) that require part one of the USMLE only and not the MCAT; however, I am not certain if they accept those with a foreign DDS. You'd have to check. Good luck!

Hi everyone,
Hello razor edge inn,
I was wondering if you followed your dreams and got into med school.
I am a foreign trained dentist my self, I practiced dentistry for 4 years and I am living in the u.s for the last five years and I have finally got the courage to try for med school which was always my dream. I am was hoping that you could give me some advise on where to start? Can I directly apply for mcat? Who would be the right person to get some counseling on this matter?
I would really appreciate your response.
Thank you and have a great day!

Hello razor edge inn,
I was wondering if you followed your dreams and got into med school.
I am a foreign trained dentist my self, I practiced dentistry for 4 years and I am living in the u.s for the last five years and I have finally got the courage to try for med school which was always my dream. I am was hoping that you could give me some advise on where to start? Can I directly apply for mcat? Who would be the right person to get some counseling on this matter?
I would really appreciate your response.
Thank you and have a great day!
That was 9 years ago, and they posted one time. I dont think they will be getting back to you anytime soon :D

Reactions: 2 users