International student + dental school = WTF?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tiredofdissheet

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a 2nd year international student studying at UCLA.
I just have a couple questions regarding dental school.
1. Can I work as a dentist/orthodontist without a greencard (need accurate sources)?
2. Is it true that I've to pay more than in-state students during dental school? For example, if I were to continue my study at UCLA, do people from Oregon (who do have green card but are out-state) and international students pay more? And are there schools in which the tuition is the same for all?
Thanks so much in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

1. you can work as a dentist if your employer willing to file the greencard applicaion and working permit for you. if not you'll not able to work.
2. yes the international and out-state students' tuition are higher than the in-state student's tuition. but if you are talking about the advanced program, i think they should all be the same since its mainly for the international dentists. but the residents and citizen are allow to apply for the financial aid.

Hey guys, I'm a 2nd year international student studying at UCLA.
I just have a couple questions regarding dental school.

Don't you have anyone at UCLA that could give you precise and accurate info about whatever questions you have?!?! :eek: