International PharmD program at Nova Southeastern University--2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey pharma I dont know why they just called her but i wish they will accept her dont worry actually it's really too late to receive any interview but it might be asign that they still have seats otherwise why they would call here that late ?! just hope every thing will be good dont worry let us informed good luck

Members don't see this ad.

hey pharma I dont know why they just called her but i wish they will accept her dont worry actually it's really too late to receive any interview but it might be asign that they still have seats otherwise why they would call here that late ?! just hope every thing will be good dont worry let us informed good luck

I too got a Call from Ms brittnay on Tueday for the interview it on th 12th ......

I know its kind of late to conduct interviews .but i am still goin to go :) ....

Members don't see this ad :)
yes koolkris you have to :) and pleaseask them if they are gonna conduct another circyle of interviews and let us know please good luck you will make it :thumbup:

what they are telling..? any news...did any one called them...are they replying..?let me ask..did any one asked how many seats got filled and how many seats are available for admission...?

GUys , I need to find accomodation and need some guidance through the registration and seat securing procedure/financial aid. Any help is appreciated. Thank you guys.

I too recently got Accepted!! Could anyone please give any sort of info on accommodation around that area. Thanks

did they call u ? did they emailed u ?

what they are telling..? any news...did any one called them...are they replying..?let me ask..did any one asked how many seats got filled and how many seats are available for admission...?

I think this year there are only 20 seats . B'cuz they already accepted around 16-17 students. Now they are calling individual guys for interview. Today two more students are accepted. That means there are looking for few seats. So don't think about Nsu any more . try next year.

I too recently got Accepted!! Could anyone please give any sort of info on accommodation around that area. Thanks

how did u came to know that..did they call u or emailed u ?

congrats guys you deserve the best, run you are still concern in NSU ?! you must give up lol sorry i dont want to disappoint you but dont count totally on it because our chances are slim

Members don't see this ad :)
Run , they let us know through emails!!I do not know what more to say, wish you you guys luck too!!

yes koolkris you have to :) and pleaseask them if they are gonna conduct another circyle of interviews and let us know please good luck you will make it :thumbup:

We did Ask Ms jessi , ...These were the last interviews which were conducted ....we were 5 of us which were intervied on Tuesday ....now we are waiting for a positive response from them .....She told us it would be next week sometime ......:xf:

We did Ask Ms jessi , ...These were the last interviews which were conducted ....we were 5 of us which were intervied on Tuesday ....now we are waiting for a positive response from them .....She told us it would be next week sometime ......:xf:

If she is true.., then wats abt dat guy who has interview date next week 19th july...?...ha ha...Man don't go with there comments..every time they give you different answers..lolz

If she is true.., then wats abt dat guy who has interview date next week 19th july...?...ha ha...Man don't go with there comments..every time they give you different answers..lolz

hey we did ask her before we left on tuesday ........... what would i get by giving wrong info .......I am trying to help here ....and we are all in the same boat waiitng for a response ...but this is what jessi told us .....its your call if you want to believe or not ......anyway this is the last post from my side ...I think my post are just giving the wrong impression ...Bye and good luck for the future .....

any one knows , how many seats are available in nova and how many seats got filled till now...?any idea ...

who has interview july,19?!he must be lucky any ways guys just give them call and ask about you cause they will let you know ,i called today and the lady told me the decision has made yesterday regading my cause and it will be mailed or emailed shortly which obviously rejection letter lol since i havent even called for the interview but thanks god NOVA wasn't my first option i'm looking for maryland which one of the best school ever and now i'm doing their requirments i wish next year i would be in it, good luck all guys and never give up if you got rejection it doesnt mean you are not qualified as i have mention earlier they do it randomly so you better feel you are not the lucky one this year lol good luck all guys and let us know your plans so we could help each other

I got my rejection letter in email on friday by nova
Best of luck for the next year guys

Its almost done, I think they finalized the class and mailed the acceptance and rejection letters.

so atleast any one knows how many ppl got admission this yr..i mean seats.. ...? so what all others gona do ,,,? what to do now...?

Hey any one know to apply Nova university we need to apply by Pharmcas???please leet me know......

Anybody applying at NOVA-Intl PharmD

I am Masters (Pharmacology) from INDIA, looking for class of 2012 admission, what are likely chances?
Is Masters from USA manadatory for admission into in Intl PharmD at NOVA, eventhough they have not mentioned on website.

Looking for reply.

I know that lot of you those applying to NOVA have lot of questions, so here is what I know...........I hope this will answer some of your questions.

1) Masters in US not a requirement, There are few students who got accepted last year without any masters degree.
2) PCAT is also not mandatory.
3) 2011 total accepted students - 34 ( for international pharmd)
4) They already started the interviews and accepted 3 students for the class of 2012.

how they select the candidates?
I am not sure about this question......lot of people say they do it randomly.....but I dont belive that....they definitely go through your qualifications........make sure you have strong recomm letters.....

however you should also have a bit of luck :)

Hope this helps and all the best to those applying for 2012.......

Hello, all

Before I give any advise, I must say I am 2007 NOVA graduated Pharmacist, currently practicing in Jersey City, NJ.

Also, congratulation to those who got admitted to PharmD program. And good luck to those who are trying next year.

I want to participate in couple of discussion here. First with NOVA. I am proud of being NOVA alumni. However, if I have to chose again, I would not recommend NOVA. For couple of reason:
1) NOVA does not challenge you enough. Majority of the students are repeaters. Meaning, they have applied 2-3 times for admission, and not just in NOVA but various other universities. NOVA has tendency of admitting repeaters. These are average group of students. And that has forced NOVA to keep passing grade to 70%. If you are smart and talented than you should considered other university where you can be challenged. However, if you are like me, who decided to pursue the career while having family than you should consider NOVA because you will be able to balance out your career and family life.

2) You are going to pay almost 100K for your education. You would insist of having professor who take class. Why would you pay 100K to get educated from a professor who is practicing in Puerto Rico ?

3) Pharmacy is already saturating. Even in South Florida, turn to Classified, and try to find a Pharmacy Job in 250 miles radius. You will hardly find a one. I know colleagues of mine who are working as Pharmacy Technicians at Walgreen and CVS in hope to find a Pharmacy position in near future. You have to take 3 years of your college time in consideration when hoping for Job. Future is clinical residency. And NOVA has the lowest ratio of student getting residency.

4) As far as the admission process is concerned, NOVA is one of the most unorganized institute I have attended. You must submit whatever is required. If you are plan to submit anything extra; such as SOP, GRE score, PCAT than make sure you have comparably higher score. Because if you submit they will wight your profile on base of the score, and you will be asked to explain your lower score during interview.

Final word, judge yourself on base of your experience, education, talent, future plan, family, geographical preference and than decide. NOVA is not the end of the world. There are far more better colleges than NOVA. In today's world Quality of education is far more important than length and cost of the education. In all PharmD university, the differeces are all about couple of thousands and couple of semester, but good university will you put you further ahead than others.

Good luck to all.

I'm planning to apply for pharm D international program..i pursued B.S in pharmacy form india.. what should be mty first step? sending transcripts for evaluation or sending my application?

I am planning to apply for Nova international pharmd 2012. The university requires transcript directly from Indian University.
I got it sealed from university but they do not usually send it directly from university. So I am planning to send the sealed envelope myself. Is that okay?

I am planning to apply for Nova international pharmd 2012. The university requires transcript directly from Indian University.
I got it sealed from university but they do not usually send it directly from university. So I am planning to send the sealed envelope myself. Is that okay?

you can send sealed envalope as long as its sealed and stamped on flap of envalope and signed by the person.. but they really prefer wes so if you can do it, do it fast. and talk with enrollment serices first ask them if it is okey.:thumbup:

Hello, all

Before I give any advise, I must say I am 2007 NOVA graduated Pharmacist, currently practicing in Jersey City, NJ.

Also, congratulation to those who got admitted to PharmD program. And good luck to those who are trying next year.

I want to participate in couple of discussion here. First with NOVA. I am proud of being NOVA alumni. However, if I have to chose again, I would not recommend NOVA. For couple of reason:
1) NOVA does not challenge you enough. Majority of the students are repeaters. Meaning, they have applied 2-3 times for admission, and not just in NOVA but various other universities. NOVA has tendency of admitting repeaters. These are average group of students. And that has forced NOVA to keep passing grade to 70%. If you are smart and talented than you should considered other university where you can be challenged. However, if you are like me, who decided to pursue the career while having family than you should consider NOVA because you will be able to balance out your career and family life.

2) You are going to pay almost 100K for your education. You would insist of having professor who take class. Why would you pay 100K to get educated from a professor who is practicing in Puerto Rico ?

3) Pharmacy is already saturating. Even in South Florida, turn to Classified, and try to find a Pharmacy Job in 250 miles radius. You will hardly find a one. I know colleagues of mine who are working as Pharmacy Technicians at Walgreen and CVS in hope to find a Pharmacy position in near future. You have to take 3 years of your college time in consideration when hoping for Job. Future is clinical residency. And NOVA has the lowest ratio of student getting residency.

4) As far as the admission process is concerned, NOVA is one of the most unorganized institute I have attended. You must submit whatever is required. If you are plan to submit anything extra; such as SOP, GRE score, PCAT than make sure you have comparably higher score. Because if you submit they will wight your profile on base of the score, and you will be asked to explain your lower score during interview.

Final word, judge yourself on base of your experience, education, talent, future plan, family, geographical preference and than decide. NOVA is not the end of the world. There are far more better colleges than NOVA. In today's world Quality of education is far more important than length and cost of the education. In all PharmD university, the differeces are all about couple of thousands and couple of semester, but good university will you put you further ahead than others.

Good luck to all.

Thx.. very nicely described.. although I know all these facts about it I have question can you get financial aid? and if you have any idea how much? how about interview questions.. Thanks again..

Hey friends,
I hav applied for the international track-2011 at NOVA. I have been calling them and they said they may start calling students this week. Some of u posted about green card and all....i dont think green card is mandatory to get an admit. i hav a few frnds @ NOVA n none of dem has a GC.
Did anyone of u apply to Western University, California. If yes, then did u get a call? I applied n my interview is on 31st march.
Share ur updates. gud luck evrybody:)

HI i also have the interview on 31st march, did u start reading, i see the materials its too much for one interview ..u can send me email on [email protected]

AS the interview dates are coming closer for you guys, Just wana wish you all good luck for it..:thumbup:
Hi,
Did you already got into pharmacy school at NOVA, I applied for 2012 and recently got emailed to schedule for an interview, Could you kindly post tips helping for the interview?
I appreciate your help.

Hello all,
When they conduct interviews for pharmd international program at NSU?
What would they ask in that session?any idea about questions?

Anybody applying at NOVA-Intl PharmD

I am Masters (Pharmacology) from INDIA, looking for class of 2012 admission, what are likely chances?
Is Masters from USA manadatory for admission into in Intl PharmD at NOVA, eventhough they have not mentioned on website.

Looking for reply.

Hi,have u applied for 2012 at nsu?

Hello all,
When they conduct interviews for pharmd international program at NSU?
What would they ask in that session?any idea about questions?
the interviews are started already... you can find all questions in interview feedback of this site.... best luck

yes I did and I am already accepted for 2012 class this week..

Oh thatz wonderful.congrats crazypharma.by the way,what have u been asked at interview?u know iam desperate 2 know 4m u,eventhough I can have sample questions from feedback page of dis forum.
Thnks

yes I did and I am already accepted for 2012 class this week..
Crazypharma!!
If am not wrong ,u r 4m NJ.ri8? then y did u choose nova?.i think FDU,NJ is also offering the same.i heard nova have video conference classes,is it true?iam sorry,jus bcoz of curiosity I asked this question to u.

Crazypharma!!
If am not wrong ,u r 4m NJ.ri8? then y did u choose nova?.i think FDU,NJ is also offering the same.i heard nova have video conference classes,is it true?iam sorry,jus bcoz of curiosity I asked this question to u.
Ya I am.. But I dont think FDU is offering same course coz u need pre reqs.. I dint want to do pre requisites so I dint apply.. I know each staff member of FDU including Pharmacy staff by now as we are in same building and meet often and I dint want to go to school which is not yet set up.. I might be wrong... Nova has video classes, I dont know its good or bad before I go..

Ya I am.. But I dont think FDU is offering same course coz u need pre reqs.. I dint want to do pre requisites so I dint apply.. I know each staff member of FDU including Pharmacy staff by now as we are in same building and meet often and I dint want to go to school which is not yet set up.. I might be wrong... Nova has video classes, I dont know its good or bad before I go..

HahahA.....:D,ya I understood.but u have nt uttered about interview questions.i need ur help.will u guide me ?plz

HahahA.....:D,ya I understood.but u have nt uttered about interview questions.i need ur help.will u guide me ?plz
Actually we posted que on other thread.. but for me it was more of my research instruments que. and why pharmacy. They just read yr SOP and ask you que so read yr sop before interview and stick to yr answer according to SOP and you are fine. all other que are in interview feed back ofthis site under nova southeastern I prepared from that only.. when is yr interview. Best luck:thumbup: