International PharmD program at Nova Southeastern University--2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My interview lasted about 15 minutes. Two professors interviewed me. They are very friendly. They asked about my personal characteristics. How is ur preparation?
Good luck.

Hey chinh912,

Thanks a lot for coming back, could you give us some more details about your experience? what questions exactly they asked? and what were your answers to them? it'll help us a lot to prepare...

Members don't see this ad.

any1 knows how many seats left????????? n still how many rounds of interview remaining in NOVA Int PHARMD program?????????? still they ll call coz its end of the march n I havent get any call:(.......I m very much worried dont knw wht ll happen......

Hey chinh912,

Thanks a lot for coming back, could you give us some more details about your experience? what questions exactly they asked? and what were your answers to them? it'll help us a lot to prepare...
all questions you can find from Interview Feedback. Why Pharm.D? Why Nova? etc. How is your preparation?
Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
any1 knows how many seats left????????? n still how many rounds of interview remaining in NOVA Int PHARMD program?????????? still they ll call coz its end of the march n I havent get any call:(.......I m very much worried dont knw wht ll happen......

dont worry skrishna.... they are still giving calls.. one of my friend just got a call and his interview is in april... donno excatly the date.... i guess there's been just 3 rounds taken so far..and still some more to go..... keep ur hopes up... all d best...

hey thanks pharma87......thanks for replying me......I am worried alot--this is the 3rd time I am appying n dont konw wht ll happen......keep me updated if u hear anything from nova......

hey pharma87........u knw tht NOVA is still calling coz its end of the march n i believe they ll go for 2 more rounds in the april.....n they called all people may be......can u plz tell me if u have any idea or heard anything from ur fds etc?????????

Hey Skrishna.. Were you able to get an interview letter? What is their criteria? I did not receive any call and still waiting

hey guys,,, my interview lasted abt 20 mins.. . professors are very friendly .. they asked nothing new.. everything can be found in interview feedback..... all d best to you all... if u hear anything from nova..please post here,... thank you......

hey i have not got any call frm nova:(........still waiting.........hey pharma87 u know Nova people still calling for the interview or they r done???????? u been to the university so may be u knw????????? for example how many rounds remaining???????:idea:

hey rasberry,,,,,,,,,,they call u if u r selected for interview.........dont knw the time???????? n today is 2nd april n dont knw will they call anymore??????

one of my friend got a call just a week b4., her interview is on 26th.. i guess tht'd be the last round..... in each round they call abt 6 candidates...so by the end of the april still 2 more rounds to go... and after then if they want, they could go for one more in early may... usually they call a month ago b4 the interview date.....good luk...

one of my friend got a call just a week b4., her interview is on 26th.. i guess tht'd be the last round..... in each round they call abt 6 candidates...so by the end of the april still 2 more rounds to go... and after then if they want, they could go for one more in early may... usually they call a month ago b4 the interview date.....good luk...

So thts it for 2010 application????????

Hi, I just received a phone call from Nova for a phone interview a few days ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi guys,
i got accepted in to temple university , i felt very happy and wanted to share this news with all of you , all i say is never loose hope try to apply to as many schools and keep track of them you will get in and don't waste time and years trying for one university to get in . best of luck for future endeavors.

Hey guys...good to see you all gathered here on this post...i had been reading all your posts but never thought of writing in here until i got an interview call from NOVA school of pharmacy...am really excited and nervous too...so I have one question about this program...if one gets accepted here and gets a pharmD degree, takes the licensure exam and all that, what does he has to do to work as a pharmacist in his own state???

Thanks and good luck everyone :)

Hi everybody......

students who have got accepted into the program for fall 2010 please post here so that we could co-ordinate amongst us and get to know about orientation, fees, housing etc.....

Hello everyone there...
I just recieved the acceptance in the mail today :)
But I am not sure what campus am I be attending classes at??? the letter does not specify...although for your info i interviewed at the main campus...if it helps...i dont remember choosing palm beach campus while applying...
if anyone knows how do you know what campus you are accepted in...i would greatly appreciate it...

Thank you

Hi Guys, CVS and Walgreen and other chains stop sponsoring international students for Hb1 visas. It is going to get touch when you guys graduate.

Btw, congratuation.

Same happened in UK. Pharmacy has previously been judged as a 'shortage'. Students therefore encouraged from overseas and could easily obtain visas to work in UK. Now pharmacy judged NOT to be in shortage and with the new emphasis on trying to restrict immigration (British jobs for British workers), visas no longer being issued. Very hard on those students already in UK.
johnep

Hey krishna, I m new to SDN. I hav applied to NOVA fr fall-10 bt didnt an get interview call. I want to apply again fr fall-11. My stats....
b.pharm-3.94
TOEFL-99
GRE-1200
continuin MS (2 more semesters to graduate)
2 years pharmacy tech experience
3 LORS (2 frm pharmacy school and frm US registered pharmacist).
What do you think I should add to my application.

replies are welcome. thanq

Hey everyone.........congratulations for those who got accepted and gud luk fr those who are applyin. please share ur experiences. this is my 2nd time applying to NOVA. do you guys know if I hav to send the whole application again or just the updated essay and resume

For those of you who got accepted to Nova's West Palm Beach campus, congratulations! :) I am currently a fourth year pharmacy student at Nova West Palm Beach. I am looking for a roommate to live in a townhouse located in Palm Beach Gardens for this coming school year. This housing situation is one of the best in the area based on price alone!

If you are currently looking for a roommate/housing, please see my post in the housing form. You can email me at [email protected] for further information. Again, congratulations on your acceptance!

Hello guys
Students who applying (only)for nova international Pharm D) I would like to tell all of them that nova does not have any criteria for choosing one student over another. It's purely 100 % luck. They do not have standard for choosing students. so if you did not get call or get admit try next year.No offence to current international student but you all know that too.

PS. I am also international student and done with my Pharm D So dont think that i am pissed off or disappointed coz i did not get in.

Hi Guys, CVS and Walgreen and other chains stop sponsoring international students for Hb1 visas. It is going to get touch when you guys graduate.

Btw, congratuation.

Wow, this is for real? Do you know of any other pharmacy chains that would sponsor H1B? What if you agree to work in a remote location where no one wants to work? That is at least my hope when I graduate. I will work wherever, as long as they agree to sponsor.

Any of you got sponsored for green card working as a pharmacist?

Wow, this is for real? Do you know of any other pharmacy chains that would sponsor H1B? What if you agree to work in a remote location where no one wants to work? That is at least my hope when I graduate. I will work wherever, as long as they agree to sponsor.

Any of you got sponsored for green card working as a pharmacist?

I know couple of my frnds in CVS and RITE AID

GC process is going on :)