Interfolio?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NotShorty

~Mr. Bright Side~
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
how many people here use www.interfolio.com?

you pay a small subscription fee and you have an online storage bank for your LOR's. Basically, the people who write your LOR's send them in to interfolio via fax or USmail, and they keep them there, then at your request send them to the schools you want.

This way all your letters are in perfect condition, you don't have to worry about losing them, and they are all certified as legitimate copies of the original. You can even opt to have the letter "secret" so that you, the applicant, never see the letter. Supposedly, it lends extra credibility to you because you are so sure that this person has nice things to say about you, you don't even need to see the letter before submitting.

any good/bad experiences out there?

Members don't see this ad.

I used this service. It was excellent. I watched classmates deal with a somewhat slack premed office that could take up to three weeks to send out a packet. All I had to do was point, click, enter my CC# and they went out the next day. For about the same cost.

There were two features the school's premed office did not provide.

- Interfolio let me build a specific packet for each school. Some of my letter writers wrote a generic rec letter to any school and a specific rec letter to their alma maters. Some schools wanted lots of letters, some wanted two or three.

- Writers can mail letters to the service, or upload letters electronically. Interfolio sent an email when a letter entered into their system. This made things easy to track.

FYI, Kirksville refused to accept letters from a service, so I had to arrange for my letter writers to send copies directly to KCOM. This was the only school that did not accept my LORs from Interfolio.

Spin